Can't achieve midfield consolidation

I'm not at home right now, but i have a little break and i'm thinking about my tactic, that's why i don't post actual images of thr tactic, i'm using "rate my tactics" to give you a hint. It's fm19 because i play with a toaster as a computer. 

As the title says, i'm having trouble trying to camp on opposite half unless they let me do so and go ultra deffensive. I play with positive and standard pass range, that's the only change i made yet. I changed mentality because i think sometimes we rush a little bit with the ball, and i've shortened the passes but i'm unsure because i don't want to limit my players options. 

I don't want an in-depth analysis in return of such a poor post, i just wanna know if

A- there's something evidently wrong with the choices of roles;

B- My way of thinking with mentality is right. 

I find the game fascinating but somehow full of counter intuitive instructions. The forum helped me a lot and i want to say thank you in advance

IMG_20230315_134849.jpg

IMG_20230315_135042.jpg

Edited by XaW
Fixed the spoiler tags

I would change :

- IWBsu -> IWBde

- FBat -> WBsu

- possibly CMat -> MEZat 

Regarding TIs, I would remove « overlap left » since it will affect the mentality of your IFat but you want him as your main goalscorer. I would also remove « tighter marking » because it’s unnecessary risky and « stay on feet » because you want to put pressure and recover the ball as quickly as possible

I'm gonna explain a little bit more about my intentions. 

I use the bpd because i want some variety in the game, i want a way of counter attack on certain scenarios, but not my main outlet. 

I use the IWB looking for free the CMa. I have some vague idea about using him as a decoy to attract defender to the half space and then have the CMa attacking the area and the winger attacking wide, not being the main outlet but being a secondary role who can dribble, can put crosses to the far post... 

I see the DLF-IF as a combo. The DLF help to progress the game and hopefully draws a defender and the IF attacks the disrupted dline. 

And then we have the left fb who bombs forward. The DLP somehow covers him (?) and is called to be the main passer, the guy who can choose between all that different movements

hace 5 minutos, sonnevillejr dijo:

I would change :

- IWBsu -> IWBde

- FBat -> WBsu

- possibly CMat -> MEZat 

Regarding TIs, I would remove « overlap left » since it will affect the mentality of your IFat but you want him as your main goalscorer. I would also remove « tighter marking » because it’s unnecessary risky and « stay on feet » because you want to put pressure and recover the ball as quickly as possible

Can you expand a little bit regarding the left back role and specially the tighter marking?

The WBs is far more attacking than the FBa? The guy is not a very good dribbler by the way, he lacks some physicality to it.

The tighter marking thing is what really intrigues me. I've never made a tactic without that instruction and i don't know what it really does. Why'd you use it and why not? 

hace 13 minutos, sonnevillejr dijo:

I would change :

- IWBsu -> IWBde

- FBat -> WBsu

- possibly CMat -> MEZat 

I also think in the stay on feet as a way to reduce risk. My way of thinking is the following: if a guy tackles and get passed we are cooked because the tactic is already risky, and i also want my guys to push wide the opponent on the ball and letting him cornered and making him rush. But i rotate a lot between the two tackling option as both of them seems to have a logical sense to me

31 minutes ago, MattBert said:

Can you expand a little bit regarding the left back role and specially the tighter marking?

The WBs is far more attacking than the FBa? The guy is not a very good dribbler by the way, he lacks some physicality to it.

The tighter marking thing is what really intrigues me. I've never made a tactic without that instruction and i don't know what it really does. Why'd you use it and why not? 

The WBsu is actually less aggressive than the FBat (look at the individual mentalities), and the FBat is more likely to cross the ball while the WBsu will provide the width and will be more likely to recycle possession. Also, 2 attack duties on the same flank is too risky to me.

The tight marking instruction instructs your player to be closer to the opposition players. Personally I never used this instruction, especially coupled with a more urgent pressing since your players will chase them. I would use this instruction in a low block for exemple, when you don’t want to disrupt your shape too much and don’t want to let them play easily (that’s my interpretation)

This instruction doesn’t event exist anymore as a TI in FM23. 

22 minutes ago, MattBert said:

I also think in the stay on feet as a way to reduce risk. My way of thinking is the following: if a guy tackles and get passed we are cooked because the tactic is already risky, and i also want my guys to push wide the opponent on the ball and letting him cornered and making him rush. But i rotate a lot between the two tackling option as both of them seems to have a logical sense to me

When you look at teams that press high, they all prefer to foul players high up the pitch if the opposition bypass their press. If you ask them to stay on feet, I think the opposition can bypass your press more easily and you will concede more counter attacks. Personally I wouldn’t tick any of the tackling instructions