Zero to Hero (Football Manager 2023)

FMCTVaughaniola

Hello everyone. I constantly tell myself I will find the save. The one I will love. The one that will stick in my memory when I think of my main saves. But it never happens. And here I am again writing another pointless blog of the start of a brand new FM save that I will hopefully stick to.

I don't pride myself on my writing skills, especially attempting to tell a story to try and make readers interested, I just start typing and end up going with the flow. But as I glanced through the FM23 Challenge Index displayed by FM Scout, I saw a save that sparked my eye. Something called "Zero to Hero".

When I read through the description of this challenge, I noticed it was distinctively similar to the Journeyman challenge, however I am going to put my own spin on it.

I will start unemployed, with no badges, Sunday league past playing experience with multiple leagues loaded, and just see how it goes. I will pick up my first job (wherever it may be) and I have to have played in that nation for 3 seasons before movie on. This adds a little bit more depth to the save, meaning I can't have just one good season with a god awful side and be able to move to one of the bigger European clubs because of it, this means I will have time to get used to a club, have time to develop myself as a young manager progressing through the ranks before reaching the high levels of the European game.

Let's get into this then shall we!

Episode One - The Beginning

Well everyone, it's just about time to get started with my FM save, Zero to Hero, starting as an unemployed manager with no badges and working my way up through the divisions.

I haven't loaded two many divisions as to not crash my laptop, but I still think that it is enough to see a fun journey throughout the tiers of the world.

When first loading up, I got a few interviews with clubs in the 6th tier of England (the place I ultimately have taken my first job).

I had 4 job interviews in this tier, but only two teams were interested in me, Eastbourne Boro and Kidderminster Harriers.

I know it's not the greatest to start in England, but there wasn't any other nation where teams actually wanted me to become there manager! So I delayed, and delayed and delayed until eventually one of the teams rejected the delay. At this point I was in a split decision, do I walk away from this job opportunity to manage in England at the first time of asking? Or do I wait and start in a lower nation, eventually I came to my decision. And this is where we begin...

Welcome... to Eastbourne Boro!image.png.c9b59fe00f42c3506174ecf6621ca33e.png