Unable to discipline or fine youth team players since the update

Prior to the update I was always able to fine my youth or reserve team players if they had a match rating performance in their youth or reserve teams under 6.5. Since the update this option now seems to be removed??

Fining youth players for poor performances was good way to aid player development - half a weeks wage fine there was a chance the players determination, work rate or teamwork would increase. That option is now gone.

I've read through SI updates list and no mention of the changes. Anyone else having this problem??

On 10/03/2023 at 03:27, eXistenZ said:

yeah we cant sodomize our boys anymore, cause i handed out fine like candy

I imagine its an intentional change as it was probably a bit exploity to raise determination/work rate like that. still weird it wasnt in the patch notes

It better not be intentional as they previously accomplished the goal of not making it overpowered in FM23 by dropping the benefits of disciplinary action from 1 guaranteed full point down to what appears to .2 points.  Fully removing your ability to discipline them at all is piling onto all the problems they've introduced regarding youth development.  

What kills me about this is SI didn't do anything for years to slow down the overpowered youth development in previous games and now they've thrown the kitchen sink at the problem and appear to have gone way too far.   They could have introduced these changes one at a time over the years to get better insight as to what the right balance needed to be but instead they instituted mass changes all at once and seem to have really mucked things up.  I'm in 2029 in the Swedish 3rd tier (with a 10 in training facilities which is pretty great for this level) and my players actively regress after they come through our intake.  And I say this as someone with 10k+ hours of FM with most of that playing academy challenges so I'm very familiar with how to develop youngsters. 

Edited by rsihn

6 minutes ago, rsihn said:

It better not be intentional as they previously accomplished the goal of not making it overpowered in FM23 by dropping the benefits of disciplinary action from 1 guaranteed full point down to what appears to .2 points.  Fully removing your ability to discipline them at all is piling onto all the problems they've introduced regarding youth development.  

What kills me about this is SI didn't do anything for years to slow down the overpowered youth development in previous games and now they've thrown the kitchen sink at the problem and appear to have gone way too far.   They could have introduced these changes one at a time over the years to get better insight as to what the right balance needed to be but instead they instituted mass changes all at once and seem to have really mucked things up.  I'm in 2029 in the Swedish 3rd tier (with a 10 in training facilities which is pretty great for this level) and my players actively regress after they come through our intake.  And I say this as someone with 10k+ hours of FM with most of that playing academy challenges so I'm very familiar with how to develop youngsters. 

oh i agree, in fm21 it was crazy overpowered. But this is completly the other end