Help Me Make a Fancy Match Report

GIMN

Good afternoon,

Someone sent across a Soccerment match report (click to enlarge), and I thought I'd try and see how I could add something similar to FM.  I'm not aiming for a 1:1 copy - but definitely keen to see how possible it is to do something like this.

image.thumb.jpeg.cf4b8991d9b48268a93e7524ebf37e96.jpeg image.png.e887fd25d8814168e576a029005f4737.png

There are two issues I'm struggling with, and hoping some fine folk here might know the answer, or we can try and stumble upon it collectively!

• Pass Map: Is it possible to change the arrow graphic (or at least the colour), or the heatmap colour?
    • This is minor, if I can't work it out, I'll use average positions instead of pass map.
  • Is there a way to force a "view" to sort a specific column descending?

I have tried adding variants of sort_ascending="false" or boolean id="sort ascending" value="false" in pretty much every spot I can, as well as played around the other boolean parameters.  Nothing's worked so far (I suppose that's obvious, as I'm asking for help).

<panel>
  <boolean id="save_session_state" value="false" />
  <boolean id="save_default_state" value="true" />
  <!-- Starting XI Styles -->
  <flags id="stxi" value="tables/standard/normal" />

<!-- Subs Styles -->
  <flags id="subs" value="tables/custom/squad/substitute/row" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<container class="inner_box" navigation_container="true">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0,0,0,0" apply_to_children="true" />

<widget class="match_player_list_table" id="pltb" database_table_type="1" mode="fill_rows, stripe_rows, fill_columns, hide_headings" row_height="30" row_spacing="2" column_spacing="0">
      <boolean id="auto_size_rows" value="false" />
      <boolean id="fixed_size_rows" value="true" />
      <boolean id="dont_restore_selection" value="true" />
      <boolean id="save_session_state" value="false" />
      <boolean id="sort_disabled" value="false" />

<flags id="default_view" value="gnIn" />

<list id="default_sort_column">
        <integer value="MPrt" />
      </list>

<!--available views-->
      <list id="viws">

<record id="gnIn">
          <translation id="name" translation_id="247414" type="use" value="Overview" />
          <record id="view">
            <!-- Shirt -->
            <record id="PsnS" width="35" left="0" auto_hide_priority="2"/>
            <!-- Name -->
            <record id="Pnam" width="-8" minimum_width="120" auto_hide_priority="1" format="[%person#1-initial_surname]" info_popup_enabled="false" size="12"/>
            <!-- Rating -->
            <record id="MPrt" auto_hide_priority="5" navigation_focus_target="false" />
          </record>
        </record>

</list>

</widget>

</container>

</panel>

Thank you in advance!

I'm pretty certain there's heatmap colouring in one of the base file settings.

I'm equally certain there's pass map graphics too. If I were to make an educated guess I'd suggest searching the fm-widgets. I've literally been through every graphic and every relevant settings file as my skin is a comprehensive rebuild from scratch so both ring more than a few bells.

General point to anyone/everyone reading this, I'd strongly recommend extracting all the base files on to your desktop if you plan on making a new skin. That way you've got all the working materials readily available and easy to search. 

In terms of column sorting, not exactly what you're asking but I'm sure there's a mode you can add to the widget class that allows manual sorting of tables. That may be a compromise of interest and/or suggest there's a mode closer to what you're looking for also. I'd need to look into that a bit more. I can say I've done a lot on tables this year and there is definitely a lot of scope with them. 

Edited by Loda

2 hours ago, GIMN said:

Pass Map: Is it possible to change the arrow graphic (or at least the colour), or the heatmap colour?

in sigraphics/shaders/source there is ui_heat_map_default.sha

I opened it in notepad and there are a few things:

v4 fromRedToGreen( float interpolant, float alpha )
{
	if( interpolant < 0.5 )
	{
		return v4(1.0, 2.0 * interpolant, 0.0, alpha);
	}
	else
	{
		return v4(2.0 - 2.0 * interpolant, 1.0, 0.0, alpha );
	}
}

I see the fromRedToGreen code there? I don't know how to work out what on earth it is though...

6 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I opened it in notepad and there are a few things:

v4 fromRedToGreen( float interpolant, float alpha )
{
	if( interpolant < 0.5 )
	{
		return v4(1.0, 2.0 * interpolant, 0.0, alpha);
	}
	else
	{
		return v4(2.0 - 2.0 * interpolant, 1.0, 0.0, alpha );
	}
}

I see the fromRedToGreen code there? I don't know how to work out what on earth it is though...

not so sure but if you replace 1.0 and 0.0 in the first return with "x * interpolant" and do the same for 1.0 and 0.0 in the second return you may get a greyscale heat map. Just an idea, you both are much much better than me in this kind of things.

3 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

maybe <string id="sort_ascending" value="false" />
as in finances summary.xml

Sadly no joy.  Tried boolean, string, flag and even integer (look, I'm desperate and just trying everything, even if it makes no sense :lol:)

1 hour ago, Loda said:

I'm pretty certain there's heatmap colouring in one of the base file settings.

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

1 hour ago, deniz said:

not so sure but if you replace 1.0 and 0.0 in the first return with "x * interpolant" and do the same for 1.0 and 0.0 in the second return you may get a greyscale heat map. Just an idea, you both are much much better than me in this kind of things.

Not had much look finding any settings reference for heatmap colours - and there isn't an associated xml with the circle graphic either.  There is "heatmap colour" - although that is for the scouting knowledge maps. 

Looks like @_Ben_en_ is onto something, but must admit I'm not familiar with GLSL - tried what you suggested @deniz but had no luck.  I also tried just changin the saturation value and multipliers in the file and nothing made a difference.  That suggests I might've set up the wrong path inside the skin folder for it to read!!

1 hour ago, Loda said:

I'm equally certain there's pass map graphics too. If I were to make an educated guess I'd suggest searching the fm-widgets. I've literally been through every graphic and every relevant settings file as my skin is a comprehensive rebuild from scratch so both ring more than a few bells.

If you happen to remember where you might've seen it, please do let me know.  There comes a point when looking through all the graphics files that you start to lose track of which folders you've looked in!!  It's probably something super obvious, too :seagull:

1 hour ago, Loda said:

In terms of column sorting, not exactly what you're asking but I'm sure there's a mode you can add to the widget class that allows manual sorting of tables. That may be a compromise of interest and/or suggest there's a mode closer to what you're looking for also. I'd need to look into that a bit more. I can say I've done a lot on tables this year and there is definitely a lot of scope with them. 

Yeah, adding the headings back in would allow manual sorting, and is going to be the likely fall-back option.  Reinstating the save_session_state means that you should only need to do the manual sort once.  But it would be amazing if it was possible to have it sort descending by default (so it essentially shows a "Top 3" for each area).

In icons/custom:

the pass map folder is probably too obvious, there's also an arrow in analysis - again just educated guesses. 

I've lost confidence in the heatmap/settings on further inspection but there is this:

<!-- analyser heatmap - 1 lowest 6 highest -->
  <colour name="heatmap_grid_1" red="10" green="0" blue="0"/>
  <colour name="heatmap_grid_2" red="1" green="10" blue="0"/>
  <colour name="heatmap_grid_3" red="5" green="10" blue="0"/>
  <colour name="heatmap_grid_4" red="255" green="200" blue="0"/>
  <colour name="heatmap_grid_5" red="10" green="20" blue="0"/>
  <colour name="heatmap_grid_6" red="0" green="0" blue="255"/>

I've never edited any of this but potentially worth a try. 

1 hour ago, Loda said:

In icons/custom:

the pass map folder is probably too obvious, there's also an arrow in analysis - again just educated guesses. 

I've lost confidence in the heatmap/settings on further inspection but there is this:

<!-- analyser heatmap - 1 lowest 6 highest -->
  <colour name="heatmap_grid_1" red="10" green="0" blue="0"/>
  <colour name="heatmap_grid_2" red="1" green="10" blue="0"/>
  <colour name="heatmap_grid_3" red="5" green="10" blue="0"/>
  <colour name="heatmap_grid_4" red="255" green="200" blue="0"/>
  <colour name="heatmap_grid_5" red="10" green="20" blue="0"/>
  <colour name="heatmap_grid_6" red="0" green="0" blue="255"/>

I've never edited any of this but potentially worth a try. 

You'd think the heat map and pass map folders would be useful, wouldn't you!!  Sometimes I think SI are trolling us.

Joking aside, no luck with the heatmap_grid colours, or "heatmap colour", nor with the arrow graphics.  Or any useful results (graphics, colour settings or xmls) from "arrow", "line", "head", "direction", "combination", "relationship".  I think I've settled on a workaround, though:

image.png.9616e83d6abb2bf6c407326d513e6fc8.png image.png.f778ff433472910a14edf5b0d7b7fb21.png

This is 3 layers.  The heatmap, a black box with 0.8 transparency, then the passing map.  Not perfect by any stretch, but I think it catches the essence.

Now just to work out how to get a Top 3 for each statistic.