SPAL Carrer

Hi everyone! Has anyone started a career with SPAL? in Serie B Italy? I wanted to start a career, probably a long career with this team, but the starting squad I don't know which tactic/module to use.. it's a bad mix of random players. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1.png

ahahha... thanks guys...

so, your suggestions is, take the project in your hands, and put it in the team... delete players that aren't in this project, manage your best players, grow up your best younger player.. first and second seasons are the base of the future and the results are not more important...

i understaind your suggestions?:onmehead:

10 hours ago, Mik_Fe said:

ahahha... thanks guys...

so, your suggestions is, take the project in your hands, and put it in the team... delete players that aren't in this project, manage your best players, grow up your best younger player.. first and second seasons are the base of the future and the results are not more important...

i understaind your suggestions?:onmehead:

Well yes, so basically just play FM23 haha?

You have two options: either try to find a tactical system that fits the best players you have ... or start with a tactical system first and try to fit your players into it. Either way you have a lot of work to do with a team like SPAL. 

Or if you want a shortcut cheat then look at some wonderkid lists :lol: 

Edited by crusadertsar

On 07/03/2023 at 12:03, Mik_Fe said:

Hi everyone! Has anyone started a career with SPAL? in Serie B Italy? I wanted to start a career, probably a long career with this team, but the starting squad I don't know which tactic/module to use.. it's a bad mix of random players. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1.png

Recruitment will be more important than the tactics for your success. Move on players in their last year of contract and players on big wages. I'd recommend offering trials to players for "free scouting" since your budget might be smaller. 

At a lower level I'd focus on free signings, but particularly loans. I'd focus on players who can get you promoted this season w/your recruitment than talented youngsters. You can look to bring in young players w/ the money you'll get from promotion. 

Squad dynamics will also be make or break for you, so I'd prioritize those as well. 

Also! I think defining the terms in which you want to play can be really helpful when starting up a new save. It's a sandbox game so yea while the best thing to do is probably build your team around your best players, if there's a style of play you really enjoy IRL there's no reason not to pursue that instead. I'm a big fan of Athletico Madrids "Choloism" and have enjoyed replicating that in my saves on a few occasions. 

Edited by Cloud9