Route One, Wing Play, Direct CA, Catenaccio and Park the Bus

Is it possible to get good results with these tactical styles? All 'good tactics' have a short pass or press much more(In fact, most have both).

I want to succeed with the tactics that the computer recognizes me in the tactical style mentioned above.

Can I get help with this?

20230306212707_1.jpg

2 hours ago, hometown5 said:

Is it possible to get good results with these tactical styles? All 'good tactics' have a short pass or press much more(In fact, most have both).

I want to succeed with the tactics that the computer recognizes me in the tactical style mentioned above.

Can I get help with this?

20230306212707_1.jpg

I've had some success playing with direct tactics/wing play but they involved pressing & attacking mentality. 

Do you really want to watch catenaccio though? It won't be the best watch :D

Edited by silentwars

Catenaccio can work for majority of a season but I would advice to use as a defensive tactic against a big team or when you are ahead it is different from parking the bus so do you need an plan to attack. Usually the stats you get from your tactic show give a title but you need to look through your tactic using the data hub if you want to go after a specific style.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had quite a successful career mostly playing with the defensive line and closing down as low as they'll go. We drop off, make sure to mark up in midfield and then counter / start with overlaps etc if that comes to nothing. No reason at all that it can't work.

I add a bit of closing down on the wings, and sometimes a pressing forward helps but by and large everyone is just sitting off, restricting space and waiting for an opportunity to win the ball back.