Low number of good young German players coming through (FM22)

Hi all, I'm now into my 9th season where I did 7 and a half seasons in Spain (real Betis) until an argument with my board about a lack of ambition. So I quit. I then took on the RB Leipzig job when that came up a few weeks later. In my time in Spain I was never really scratching around to find a good Spanish player or would find good ones coming through that I would sign or through my own youth system that was actually very good. I could pick 8 of the team through players trained in my own system. More with those signed at 17/18 as well. 

Now at Leipzig Ive had 2 players sold off because they had release fees and wouldn't sign contracts. Admittedly 2 of the best young Germans. Looking for replacements is very difficult to get my homegrown or just German trained players upto 8 for champs league at a reasonable quality. The younger players just don't seem to be around like in Spain. Don't get me wrong I was very fortunate to get the youth I did come through at Betis but it seems almost non existent throughout Germany.

Still this long into the game the national team only has 3 players that aren't greyed out, which must show how much worse they are than what they assume they used to have quality wise? Just seems odd when Germany has so many teams with high ratings for youth facilities etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I finished the first half a season and ended 3rd but won the Europa League and final of German cup. Damn you Bayern.

1st full season, I had my youth come through and looks like I could have 1 good player and the rest average. In terms of scouts I have roughly 50% german. Head of youth is german where as at Betis he was English. I have just increased my junior coaching to max after that intake so hopefully it will start getting slightly more consistent results soon.

I won the bundesliga ending Bayern's dominance since the save started and quarter final of champions League. Also in the German cup final which I'm yet to play.

I've got quite a few leagues loaded. England, Germany, Spain, Italy all playable with MLS, Colombia and China viewable only. I've added bundesliga 3 as viewable from next season.