Continental Cup Ranking Points

\'Appy \'Ammer

In Other Stage Rules > Continental Cup Rules, there is a section named Continental Cup Ranking Points. Where can I see a total, or a table of these in the game? Is this related to the co-efficient? Or does this contribute to the world ranking points? If I add these to my European file will it contribute to countries moving up and down the ranking table and consequently changing how many European qualification spots a country may get? Sometimes I see a country (in my 80s euro file) have an extra European place or lose a place. This suggests that a nation has moved up or down in ranking but I can't see a table telling me so. Sorry, there's lots of questions here, but it's an area I'm not too clued in on. 

Yep, it affects coefficients and does exactly what you think it does. As far as I'm aware there's no way to get it to properly display in game, so unless you manually track it you won't know the coefficients for each country. Somebody did an African continental overhaul awhile back and did a lot of experimenting with it, IIRC they got their new coefficients to show in game for the first season, but only the first season.

Shame the problem was never fully solved. Once I shifted to Flexible rules all hell broke loose!! I have added co-efficient points to replicate the 80s as best I can. It may be doing something in the background as after a long save test different countries are getting byes to the first round than at the start of the game. Just a shame you cannot view the co-efficient table. Better than nothing though I suppose.

On 24/02/2023 at 20:07, rusty217 said:

Yep, it affects coefficients and does exactly what you think it does. As far as I'm aware there's no way to get it to properly display in game, so unless you manually track it you won't know the coefficients for each country. Somebody did an African continental overhaul awhile back and did a lot of experimenting with it, IIRC they got their new coefficients to show in game for the first season, but only the first season.

I actually got it to work over multiple seasons but it would qualify random teams, I'm pretty sure that was down to African league schedules and individual leagues' qualification. If I just had the South African League loaded the African league's reputations would dynamically change and you could see the coefficient table.