4-2-3-1 tactic help~

I don't see any issues? You're keeping it tight at the back and are relatively good in attack. Perhaps the only reason your 3rd is the games against Man City and Liverpool and maybe some dropped points to weaker sides but the tactic and data looks good.

Do you use this tactic in every match? How do you adapt this tactic when you play, for example, away game with Liverpool? With Mid-table teams? For me, this setup is too risky for every game usage.

You are using positive mentality. Left flank: IWa and WBa and DMs as cover for two attacking players...Sometimes it will work, for example, in home game. But when you play away game it could give you some problems. In combination with agressive pressing. Maybe you should try to make small tweaks in away games or also at home, when you observe some problems. Small tweaks could help you to reduce draws and maybe not to loose in away games with TOP teams.

My preference would be to make the right back more defensive -- either a FB or IWB on support or defend duty. I would also consider using a defend duty for the left-sided DM. You can always adjust these as the game progresses if you need to take more risks. I really like having at least one of the DMs on defend duty or else they tend to push up too far in attack and expose your central defenders to many counterattacks.

If you want to stick with two wingbacks and only one holding midfielder then you can just use a 4-3-3 which feels better-suited for that purpose.

9 hours ago, Overmars said:

My preference would be to make the right back more defensive -- either a FB or IWB on support or defend duty. I would also consider using a defend duty for the left-sided DM. You can always adjust these as the game progresses if you need to take more risks. I really like having at least one of the DMs on defend duty or else they tend to push up too far in attack and expose your central defenders to many counterattacks.

If you want to stick with two wingbacks and only one holding midfielder then you can just use a 4-3-3 which feels better-suited for that purpose.

Seconding this from @Overmars, having a fullback (s) to compliment your more progressive wingback in a 4-2-3-1 can be a great approach. Wan Bisaka is a perfect choice for this. 

You could also try dropping the right sided winger back to create an asymmetrical tactic. That would place the Winger(s) more in line with the SV(s) and they'll provide each other more support. 

Small couple things to take into consideration: with that CB combo I'd recommend trying out a BPD for one of the two. SI have given Rashford decisions 11 (harsh) but potentially complicates his role as a CF where he's given license to roam.

Hope some of that is helpful in your save

Edited by Cloud9

30 minutes ago, The3points said:

While I agree with the users above in that one defensive side is useful, surely Wan-Bissaka is a relatively defensive player already and thus doesn't need tweaking further than WB-D?

I'd prefer FB(s) due to its versatility as a blank supporting role. 

WB(d) comes with hold position. Since the other WB is marauding forward on attack and getting to the byline, having Bisaka as a fb(s) offers defensive cover while also assisting the midfield in buildup play. 

Edited by Cloud9

在 2023/2/19 在 AM3点36分, olegmelnikov说:

Do you use this tactic in every match? How do you adapt this tactic when you play, for example, away game with Liverpool? With Mid-table teams? For me, this setup is too risky for every game usage.

You are using positive mentality. Left flank: IWa and WBa and DMs as cover for two attacking players...Sometimes it will work, for example, in home game. But when you play away game it could give you some problems. In combination with agressive pressing. Maybe you should try to make small tweaks in away games or also at home, when you observe some problems. Small tweaks could help you to reduce draws and maybe not to loose in away games with TOP teams.

Yes, I rarely change it.

My main concern is not the away game against big teams, I didn't expect good result againts them. My concern is goal number for the whole team and the bad statistics for IW/IF

Most of the suggestions here are about defending but looking at the data his problem is scoring goals not defending. he concedes less than a goal per game and scores just over 1 per game (keep in mind it's not that hard to over score your xG in the game). Looking at the goal difference compared to the top 2 teams then the number of draws it's clear that the issue is scoring goals. You've lost 2 more games compared to Man City which isn't bad at all so If you can turn some of those draws to wins by scoring more goals then you will be fine

My suggestion is the ditch the IW for and IF because the IF is focused more on scoring goals. The other change is to go for an AF rather than the CF because there are already enough players that are going to create chances, you just need a pure goal scorer.

You can also add the defensive suggestions that other have offered and you will concede even less and improve your goal scoring 

16 分钟前, DarJ说:

Most of the suggestions here are about defending but looking at the data his problem is scoring goals not defending. he concedes less than a goal per game and scores just over 1 per game (keep in mind it's not that hard to over score your xG in the game). Looking at the goal difference compared to the top 2 teams then the number of draws it's clear that the issue is scoring goals. You've lost 2 more games compared to Man City which isn't bad at all so If you can turn some of those draws to wins by scoring more goals then you will be fine

My suggestion is the ditch the IW for and IF because the IF is focused more on scoring goals. The other change is to go for an AF rather than the CF because there are already enough players that are going to create chances, you just need a pure goal scorer.

You can also add the defensive suggestions that other have offered and you will concede even less and improve your goal scoring 

got it...I'll tweak my tactic tonight

1、use a winger and a if/iw

You use a winger , but a CF as forward . 

He is going roam from the position a lot , who is attacking the box when winger makes a cross?

2、no iwb

No IWB is not a big deal but your left side is so aggressive , you may okay play at home but away it will be a big problem. 

Edited by z464