I would like to know the meaning of abbreviations used in post-match stats.

After each match I get a report in the "News" session, however, it has many abbreviations that I don't know and I was unable to find related info on the web. For example, I see columns such as "Pal", "PaC", "Clv", "Asi", "Enl", "EnG", "Int", among some others under "Local Stats" tab. It can be useful to understand stats so that I can know my players better, hehe.

TEMP ENG.jpg

TEMP.jpg

• SI Staff

"Pal" - Passes Attempted
"PaC" - Passes completed
"Clv" - Key Passes
"Asi" - Assists
"Enl" - Tackles Attempted
"EnG" - Tackles Won
"Int" - Interceptions
"Cab" - Headers Attempted
"CaG" - Headers Won
"Cel" - Crosses attempted
"CeC" - Crosses Completed
"Reg" - Dribbles
"Err" - Mistakes made

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

"Pal" - Passes Attempted
"PaC" - Passes completed
"Clv" - Key Passes
"Asi" - Assists
"Enl" - Tackles Attempted
"EnG" - Tackles Won
"Int" - Interceptions
"Cab" - Headers Attempted
"CaG" - Headers Won
"Cel" - Crosses attempted
"CeC" - Crosses Completed
"Reg" - Dribbles
"Err" - Mistakes made

Hi there,

Thanks a lot!

After those, I have "ErG", "Dil" (which could be "Long shoot"), and "Tir" (which may be "Shoots").

Could you confirm those?

Regards,

Additionally, are there any differences between these terms when offering a contract?

"backup" and "rotation"

"key player" and "first team"

"Hot prospect" and "youngster"

I am not sure about which one I should offer. For example, between "Hot prospect" and "youngster" I feel that a Hot Prospect will ask more often to play. But I would like to hear from the experts. hehe

Then, what can I do if my players start asking a lot to play or leave (if I don't let them play too much) even when they are just youngsters or the most a backup. (According to their contract) Are there any minimum of games according to each Squad Status?

Final question (at the moment), what is the purpose of having affiliate clubs? And what are the benefits of having an affiliate club?

I just got our first affiliate approved, but I'm not sure how it helps our club (other than having our Reserves or youngsters go on a loan).

• SI Staff
39 minutes ago, Navv said:

Additionally, are there any differences between these terms when offering a contract?

"backup" and "rotation"

"key player" and "first team"

"Hot prospect" and "youngster"

I am not sure about which one I should offer. For example, between "Hot prospect" and "youngster" I feel that a Hot Prospect will ask more often to play. But I would like to hear from the experts. hehe

To give a brief explanation of each:
"Key Player" - You're vital to the club and the first name on the team-sheet.
"Important Player" - You'll normally feature in a match but aren't really considered a 'star.'
"Rotation" - You're part of the first team and while not a key player, will get to feature in a fair few matches (rotated in and out of the squad).
"Backup" - You're part of the first team, but really not expected to play in most matches unless there are injuries.
"Hot Prospect" - You're a youngster, but we have high hopes for you in the future.
"Youngster" - You're a young prospect but we're not certain you'll make it at this level.

In terms of offering contracts - the lesser squad status's stop players from expecting first team football to some extent, however if they're ambitious it might also make them feel they need to move on. The higher squad status's will make players more confident potentially, however they will often become more uppity if left out of the squad.

I'd suggest you take into account player personalities when offering squad status's - but also bear in mind continually underpaying players might cause them to get upset and request moves etc. (especially if what you're telling them isn't what their 'real' role is - ie. if you have someone set as a 'hot prospect' but he's played 30 matches in a row then he might be thinking he needs to be rewarded with a new deal etc.

Then, what can I do if my players start asking a lot to play or leave (if I don't let them play too much) even when they are just youngsters or the most a backup. (According to their contract) Are there any minimum of games according to each Squad Status?

You've a number of option:
* Talk to them and persuade them to be more patient.
* Offer them a new deal with a bit more hope (works really well if combined with loaning them out).
* Give them bit parts before they start complaining, ie. put them on the subs bench and give them 5-15 minutes at the end of matches now and again, play them in cup matches etc.

There aren't 'minimum games' linked to squad status in a fixed manner - simply because irl there aren't, however the status combined with the players personality will give you an idea of how patient they'll be a lot of the time.

Final question (at the moment), what is the purpose of having affiliate clubs? And what are the benefits of having an affiliate club?

I just got our first affiliate approved, but I'm not sure how it helps our club (other than having our Reserves or youngsters go on a loan).

Affiliates are mainly for loan purposes - it allows you a source of players to loan in (if you're the junior club) or out (if you're the senior).

This can be very useful generally as it helps give your youngsters competitive experience at a senior level.