Australia A-League second division: How will Football Australia's National Second Tier be structured ?

So with this annoucement i have created a Second Tier for the A-League . I have Chosen what i think will be Australias second tier clubs from the Association of Australian Football Clubs  ( AAFC ) to which those clubs belong . Clubs chosen are a mixture of clubs that asked for as licence to join the A-League back in 2020 and past NSL Clubs who are enjoying success in the National Premier Leagues ( NPL ) . They are good strong clubs in their respected leagues with many titles and history . 

Changes to the A-League as well to open up the competition , No Wage cap , or restrictions and more prize money . No finals just first team wins. Under 21 Competition

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4cnnsitvlfavx/Australia+2nd+Tier

All Teams include Logos and Kits with 2 Relegated and 2 promoted with 10th vs 3rd playoff . Australia Cup commences at the end of the year . 

The 13 Team League Clubs are as follows

Adelaide City

Apia Leichhardt

Canberra Croatia... Now  ( Canberra FC )

Gold Coast United

Marconi Stallions

Melbourne Knights

Pennisular Power

Perth SC

South Melbourne

Sunshine Coast

Sydney Olympic

Sydney United

Wollongong Wolves

166914309_Page1.png.1192c9a4fc2a3d3caf8c8595f550a784.png

558012915_Page2.png.963e5c8c9fc7591efda6b46820e22422.png

2141542165_Page3.png.12c7e58aed5c62105bedb792f7850875.png

853485988_Page4.png.a7fb4e7238c827da7f433053e474c4fb.png

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4cnnsitvlfavx/Australia+2nd+Tier   

Construced feedback welcome

Edited by alian62

• 2 weeks later...

I love the idea, especially with the new announcement by the AFF.

I just have a few questions.

1.       With the A-League (Division 1) will this just be an Under 21 division or will there be a reserve league for the two divisions as it was not state too clearly.

2.       What’s the Asian continental qualification be set up as, considering there is no grand final?

3.       What’s the season format (dates) and is it just play everyone twice?

I would say keep in the grand final competition as it is a fun thing to have. The top team get ACL spot while winner of the Grand final also gets a ACL (if it is not the winner of the league stage)

Thank you

Good work, saves me making one myself. Any reason why it is 13 clubs instead of 12 or 14? 

Although as ideal it would be I don't see a Perth team entering (yet) and I would put Gold Coast Knights instead of United. 

47 minutes ago, dbrown6 said:

I love the idea, especially with the new announcement by the AFF.

I just have a few questions.

1.       With the A-League (Division 1) will this just be an Under 21 division or will there be a reserve league for the two divisions as it was not state too clearly.

2.       What’s the Asian continental qualification be set up as, considering there is no grand final?

3.       What’s the season format (dates) and is it just play everyone twice?

I would say keep in the grand final competition as it is a fun thing to have. The top team get ACL spot while winner of the Grand final also gets a ACL (if it is not the winner of the league stage)

Thank you

Not sure what happening with the Reserves etc . My guess was a U21s 

Considering i dont have a grand Final its the top 2 that qualify

I dont like finals . My thinking is if you played all year and finish on top then your the best . Fancy not losing all year and finish on top to then just drop 1 game in the finals and not be crowned the best ?

26 minutes ago, Weiry said:

Good work, saves me making one myself. Any reason why it is 13 clubs instead of 12 or 14? 

Although as ideal it would be I don't see a Perth team entering (yet) and I would put Gold Coast Knights instead of United. 

As far as i have heard there are 2 teams from WA that want to amalgamate to form 1 team to join . I guess though until they annouce anything more we wont know .

I chose 13 because they were the best from the list of AFF teams . The ones left out were never part of the old NSL or really have made an impact in there respected leagues .

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/03/2023 at 21:04, dbrown6 said:

Will there be a updated for the latest version? 

It's a bit hard to do updates at this time . Maybe once the clubs have been chosen and the format created then it will be . Will be interesting to see what happens in FM24

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/02/2023 at 20:59, Weiry said:

I personally would rather see United over Knights as United are a former A-League Team

• 6 months later...

Apparently the 10 teams competing in the second division were leaked yesterday. Majority of the reddit comments seem to hate it being a NSL 2.0 and the inclusion of Sydney Fascists 58. Personally I have no problem with ex NSL clubs coming back, although I dislike 58's inclusion

Post image

Edited by Vakama2619

On 01/11/2023 at 09:05, Vakama2619 said:

Apparently the 10 teams competing in the second division were leaked yesterday. Majority of the reddit comments seem to hate it being a NSL 2.0 and the inclusion of Sydney Fascists 58. Personally I have no problem with ex NSL clubs coming back, although I dislike 58's inclusion

Post image

I find South Hobart intersting since its Devonport thats won everything in the last 5 years but then Tasmania is a very poor link in the chain abd i dont like their inclusion 

23 hours ago, alian62 said:

I find South Hobart intersting since its Devonport thats won everything in the last 5 years but then Tasmania is a very poor link in the chain abd i dont like their inclusion 

I personally disagree, I'm more focused on Tassie getting a professional team, although I swear they were getting an A-League team after Auckland and Canberra join the comp

1 hour ago, Vakama2619 said:

I personally disagree, I'm more focused on Tassie getting a professional team, although I swear they were getting an A-League team after Auckland and Canberra join the comp

But thats the issue . it isnt a Tasmanian Team its a team from Tasmania ...... A state with approx 500,000 people whos main sport is Australian Rules not Football is just going to struggle . Attendance figures are that of a amatuer league or less . But we will wait and see i guess 

8 hours ago, alian62 said:

But thats the issue . it isnt a Tasmanian Team its a team from Tasmania ...... A state with approx 500,000 people whos main sport is Australian Rules not Football is just going to struggle . Attendance figures are that of a amatuer league or less . But we will wait and see i guess 

This is where I'll concede my knowledge compared to you here isn't that great, you are brining a very good point, I'd hope to see it succeed but it could easily end up like Adelaide in the NRL

I wasnt far off the mark with picking 6 of the eight chosen so far . Would like to now see Melbourne Knights and maybe an Adelaide team like Adelaide City . Perth didnt bid because the structure here is pathetic anyway with no real stadium to use . 

4 hours ago, alian62 said:

I wasnt far off the mark with picking 6 of the eight chosen so far . Would like to now see Melbourne Knights and maybe an Adelaide team like Adelaide City . Perth didnt bid because the structure here is pathetic anyway with no real stadium to use . 

Who from queensland was in urs again. I was hoping to see some from here picked but nothing yet, that'll go down to FQ's antics in refusing to let their clubs join. Adelaide City would be a good shout for the NSD, I believe Melbourne Knights pulled out for financial reasons but not too sure on that, although we already have too many fascist owned clubs in the NSD so I hope they aren't added

4 hours ago, Vakama2619 said:

Who from queensland was in urs again. I was hoping to see some from here picked but nothing yet, that'll go down to FQ's antics in refusing to let their clubs join. Adelaide City would be a good shout for the NSD, I believe Melbourne Knights pulled out for financial reasons but not too sure on that, although we already have too many fascist owned clubs in the NSD so I hope they aren't added

Peninsular Power