Player instructions (want to learn more about what's what)

I know it varies on the system you play and what you want each role to do. But generally looking to educate myself on what works with what to try new things out as I generally just tweak the presets adjust just roles.

Would be nice to see what you guys make work and with what roles to get a better idea of what I could do to get more from my players.

1 hour ago, JustHowie said:

I know it varies on the system you play and what you want each role to do. But generally looking to educate myself on what works with what to try new things out as I generally just tweak the presets adjust just roles.

Would be nice to see what you guys make work and with what roles to get a better idea of what I could do to get more from my players.

It can be more effective to have a relatively blank tactic and go into the PIs and tell players what you want them to do individually. If you stick "dribble more" in the team instructions, everyone will dribble more which is a real problem if your team sucks.

In general though I use them to 1. Ask a player to take up space (ex. stay wide to stretch pitch) 2. Highlight a specific strength or makeup for a weakness in the player/team (ex. tell a player to dribble more/less) 3. Use a "blank role" (ex. AM(s) and put PIs on him to get a specific result).

Special mention for tailoring passing directness in the PI's on a short passing team instruction, and giving license to the more talented members of the squad to pass more direct.

Edited by Cloud9