Missing detail

On 10/02/2023 at 14:24, KAS2 said:

Hi.

On the mobile 23 version I cannot see the referee personality or weather condition during a match. Why is this missing from this version please?

Hi there! Actually, the game does show the weather conditions.

Just let the pre-match animation/slides display.

image.png.c2e9e0f0279b615cd40ecef92560a477.png

Regarding the ref. personality, it is true that it doesn't show (almost) anything about the referee. If you believe it can help or improve the user experience, you may share some further info. I personally don't feel it is needed, but it may be about perspectives.

Edited by Navv

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Navv said:

Regarding the ref. personality, it is true that it doesn't show (almost) anything about the referee. If you believe it can help or improve the user experience, you may share some further info. I personally don't feel it is needed, but it may be about perspectives.

I'll check - I thought we'd moved it to one of the pre-match splash pages (for space reasons) .... if its not there I'll look to add it in somewhere for next version.

PS - Main reason to show it was to allow people to take it into account with regards to their tackling style for those who prefer more thuggish behavior ;)

18 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I'll check - I thought we'd moved it to one of the pre-match splash pages (for space reasons) .... if its not there I'll look to add it in somewhere for next version.

PS - Main reason to show it was to allow people to take it into account with regards to their tackling style for those who prefer more thuggish behavior ;)

Hi.

Thanks Marc.

Also please..

Regarding the tackling, as it's a key part of the game, would it be a massive job to add the referee personality to the pre match scout report so we can make the most sensible pre match choice on personell / strategy?

Regarding the weather condition, not sure how much this actually contributes to gameplay?

On 16/02/2023 at 16:24, KAS2 said:

Hi.

Thanks Marc.

Also please..

Regarding the tackling, as it's a key part of the game, would it be a massive job to add the referee personality to the pre match scout report so we can make the most sensible pre match choice on personell / strategy?

Regarding the weather condition, not sure how much this actually contributes to gameplay?

Regarding your original question/message, the game does show the ref. personality in the pre-match slides.

image.png.c053050ef15549efb3d0112ee4e943f4.png

Now if Mark can share the ref. personalities we can find, it can be helpful.

On 16/02/2023 at 22:24, KAS2 said:

Hi.

Thanks Marc.

Also please..

There are a couple of Q's that remain unanswered here, please see..

On 17/02/2023 at 07:57, Marc Vaughan said:

Ah... well, that's both good that it's still shown somewhere and bad because it's on the 8th splash page and there's no way to swipe through them and I have to wait 30 seconds for that particular screen to appear! 

Is there anyway it could be re-added to the match screen? It looks like it would probably fit after the ground and attendance, either just following on after that (in line) or aligned to the right hand side. I'd love an abbreviated weather description too, but that'd be getting squishy, unless it was just icons or something.

image.png.2b45ec0f9686f9754a560354ced74aec.png

Of course, the other option would be to make the splash screens swipe-able. Well, they are swipe-able after it finishes the initial slideshow of all 8 pages, but they really need to be swipe-able immediately. Though honestly, I still wouldn't go through 9 pages for every match. I don't even look at the pre-match screen because that would take too long to get through a season! 

Edited by StephenCronin

On 16/02/2023 at 22:24, KAS2 said:

Hi.

Thanks Marc.

Also please..

Hi.

Any feedback please?