No Sackings in Premiership for 2 years!!!!!

I'm just starting my 3rd season with newcastle and had a look at the job security page and noticed that all the managers are still with the same clubs after 2 seasons, even sunderland still have roy keane after getting relegated and coming back up.

All the jobs are listed as stable and i just think it is strange as there are normally 5 or 6 changes in management per season in the prem. I know newcastle normally have at least 1 a year if not more lol.

Has anybody else had this?

just wondering skorp but when si put their manager model together did they reference actual sacking statistics in the epl? because although i have had people go from time to time it is very rare. 1 maybe 2 a season at most. and italy is ridiculously stable ..

you never see (in game) clubs wanting a 'fresh direction' or falling out with their board etc. just not renewing contracts or resigning to move to a bigger club.

I've never seen anything like it, I'm generally shocked if there hasn't been at least two sackings a season (though I'm not playing 09 yet)

Are all the jobs secure?

well it is a random variable i bet you. just because our two games have been very queit doesnt mean they all are ..

only sackings in my game so far after two years are Joe Kinnear newcastle and a vacancy open by mowbray moving to newcastle. that was it .. :)

well i was expected to win the leagie and finished a pitiful 4rth in my first season as st johnstone boss and they offered me a new contract

Some sort of inverted hangover from the board confidence problems of last year?

Though it's also possible that FM09 is simply modelling what would happen if boards were reasonable with their managers and gave them a chance......

In my game (2011, in my fourth season) there has been some manager movement but most clubs all have the same manager as at the start.

Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa, Everton, Pompey, Stoke, Boro, Sunderland, West Brom, Hull and Man City still with the same boss so that's 13 out of 20 clubs.

Only seven changes of manager in 3 and a half years? Doubt it! That's what you get in a season IRL!

In my game (2011, in my fourth season) there has been some manager movement but most clubs all have the same manager as at the start.

Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa, Everton, Pompey, Stoke, Boro, Sunderland, West Brom, Hull and Man City still with the same boss so that's 13 out of 20 clubs.

Only seven changes of manager in 3 and a half years? Doubt it! That's what you get in a season IRL!

How many premiership managers were sacked last season then irl?

How many premiership managers were sacked last season then irl?

Well have a look at the 2 posts above this one.

Also wasn't talking about sackings, didn't even mention the word, talking about manager movement. You honestly think 7 clubs changing managers in 3 and a half years is realistic?

Archived