Can anyone be smegged to bother with training?

been playing FM for years since early 90's when u had to put the result in to enter the game!!! aaah those days of all-day play, no mrs, kids etc.

Anywho, never ever touched training in all of my games. does anyone else? If so, do you find many positive or negative effects?

been playing FM for years since early 90's when u had to put the result in to enter the game!!! aaah those days of all-day play, no mrs, kids etc.

Anywho, never ever touched training in all of my games. does anyone else? If so, do you find many positive or negative effects?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

its easy.

spend 15 minutes setting up training schedules for

keepers

defenders

attacking players

and save them.

done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second that.

You only need to do it all once.

One for each position (you use).

Save them all as a block.

Load them all as a block if you ever start a new game.

Like the others you can spend about 15 minutes at the start of the game and design your own sceduled and they will last all through one version. I have a seperate schedule for Keepers, Full backs, DCs, DMs, Wingers Midfileders and Strikers with emphasis on the type of training neccessary to improve the attributes neccessary for their position.

Use these schedules for your first team and reserves and you dont need to change them

The default schedules are fine for average growth in potenetial but there is no doubt that designing your own and getting better coaches will increse the speed of developemnet , especially for the younger players.

Im similar to previous posters in that I set up traaining schedules for GK, CBK, WBK, MID and STK and then put players into that and leave them there. Sometimes I'll have a fitness one too for players coming back from injury or suffering from stamina issues

Never under estimate the power of training.

As Arsenal manager, my team were unstoppable. But one season, I was doing terrible. I was hobbeling around mid table. My strikers kept firing blanks and my defenders were conceding stupid goals. Mid way through the season, I changed my training schedules. Completely changed my season around and I finished in 2nd place.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

its easy.

keepers

defenders

attacking players

and save them.

Agreed. I have the following:

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Attackers

Strikers

Fitness

Took about 10 mins to set up when I started my first game and it's done.

The benefit of doing this is that for example your defenders don't waste time training their striking ability, and can concentrate on improving their defensive skills... same goes for attackers, strikers, etc.. you get the idea.

Training is a huge part of this game, when managing lower teams it can be the difference between winning and losing.

The amount of players I have bought for 100k and sold on for 5-10 million due to training and feeder clubs goes into the 100's. The schedules took me around a month to tweak but I would not go to any job without them icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:

it wouldn't hurt if the default training allocated coaches automatically to their best sessions. everyone doing everything is pointless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought they did, I just use the auto-assign coaches and it splits the coaches into their best roles??

I can't be arsed with all that fannying around (or copying) working out different training regimes for differing players!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deva-Stated:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:

it wouldn't hurt if the default training allocated coaches automatically to their best sessions. everyone doing everything is pointless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought they did, I just use the auto-assign coaches and it splits the coaches into their best roles??

I can't be arsed with all that fannying around (or copying) working out different training regimes for differing players!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, you can. but it's not usually the best combo of coaches to sessions. i always auto-assign first, and if it's good enough, i might leave it like that. but usually, a little effort reveals better ratings for sessions. especially if you have a big squad.

for example, your fitness coach has 6* for aerobic or strength alone, but 4* for aerobic + strength. 2 regular coaches have 6 stars for either fitness training regime, & they each have a fitness coaching style. one regular coach on each and the fitness coach on both is the way i usually do things. depending on how many coaches your board allows you.

btw, i only ever use one whole training regime for my squad, no individual training.

What do you mean "save as a block" ?,

I have spent quite a bit of time setting up 12 different training catagories (GK, Centre Back, Full Back, Wing Back, Def Mid, Cen Mid, Side Mid, Att Mid, Winger, Striker, Pre-Season & Pre-Season GK) I have 3 seperate training categories for eac (Ful Time, Part Time & Youth) so altogether I have 36 seperate training schedules that I need to load up individually each time I start a new game. Although I don't mind doing this as once the patch is out it will be the once for my LLM Save, once for my Aberdeen Save and once for my Man U save if there is a quicker way of loading them all up at once I would like to know how ?, please advise

Thanks<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

its easy.

keepers

defenders

attacking players

and save them.

I second that.

Load them all as a block if you ever start a new game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Training schedules at higher levels can make a big difference, as you'll have better facilities and better quality coaching staff.

At lower levels, with poor facilities and poor quality coaches available, it does'nt have as big an impact, if any.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

The way I see it, I'm a football manager. Why would I not train my players? Or at least have some input into it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because it's a hopelessly under-cooked feature that is impossible to accurately simulate in any mouse-based game and has almost no beneficial effects??

I just make sure I've got a coach for each section (or a couple of good ones if I'm LLMing) and that's it. I have success everywhere I go and even Viazons example can be allowed for in reranking.

Meh. Whatever works for you I guess. I run default 442s and default training. Some people spend months tweaking those same things. Horses for courses.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

Smegged...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Red Dwarf! Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VonBlade:

The way I see it, I'm a football manager. Why would I not train my players? Or at least have some input into it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because it's a hopelessly under-cooked feature that is impossible to accurately simulate in any mouse-based game and has almost no beneficial effects??

I just make sure I've got a coach for each section (or a couple of good ones if I'm LLMing) and that's it. I have success everywhere I go and even Viazons example can be allowed for in reranking.

Meh. Whatever works for you I guess. I run default 442s and default training. Some people spend months tweaking those same things. Horses for courses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must admit, training is one area of the game I'm extremely happy with.

Because there's more to life?? I don't sign 29 year old players for 4 years because that's stupid but only in FM, in REAL LIFE a manger would take a 2 year risk?

It's not stupid if you make sure to pay a fair price and the wages are right. There are plenty of players in the game who would be excellent signings to four-year contracts at the age of 29. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree - especially goalkeepers, who are just reaching their peak at this age.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Training is a huge part of this game, when managing lower teams it can be the difference between winning and losing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. Some of the younger players can mature so quickly with good training. It helps massively.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VonBlade:

Meh. Whatever works for you I guess. I run default 442s and default training. Some people spend months tweaking those same things. Horses for courses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree- training is just about increasing attributes and fitness.

Its vital but its boring, and is a shadow of what it could be. At least the old way of assigning real life sessions felt like we were managing training sessions, so happy that SI chose to fall back on the sliders that are have also sucked the fun out of creating tactics.....

In the grand scheme of things its pretty boring, when you consider what SI couldve done with it.

With the way the tactical side is going and the lack of a decent intuitive interface and feedback from the game its criminal that SI have not given us a training based sandbox where we can try out different tactics and see how they work, rather than having to do it in friendlies or competitive games. You can add the setpiece designer to this area too, another feature that is long overdue- or even a set range of decent setpieces so we cant make uber-setpieces if SI think the AI cant handle it.

One area where FM greatly departs from real life is that we almost have to spell out everything for our players and they show a great lack of intelligence. They arent even clever enough to come to a player, rather than leave him without an option to pass. Whereas irl players will be drilled on the training pitch- and imo SI needs to give us something spectacular like this as the new features we get each year are pretty uninspiring.

How good would it be to develop playing patterns in training and not have to micromanage our tactics as now our players know what to do in certain situations, or at least what we would like them to do.

i never used to bother setting up training schedules etc . however lately after reading the tactics and training rorum i have started setting up training shcedules for my team (positions) .

i find this adds to the realism of being a football manager , also you get more satisfaction from creating a training schedule for one of your players , and there attributes increasing .

i only set up the following training schedules in a season :

pre-season - all players (high fitness)

in season:

gk:

defence:

midfeild:

wingers:

strikers:

for all schedules i set up basic training , as i am a newcomer to training therefore dont want to overcomplicate things

if any players are injured in a season then i put them into my pre season schedule in order to increase their fitness levels (kind of rehabiliton proccess) icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can anyone be smegged to bother with training? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Given that there's a whole forum dedicated to Tactics and Training, what do you think, smeghead ?

icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by donsutd:

What do you mean "save as a block" ?,

I have spent quite a bit of time setting up 12 different training catagories (GK, Centre Back, Full Back, Wing Back, Def Mid, Cen Mid, Side Mid, Att Mid, Winger, Striker, Pre-Season & Pre-Season GK) I have 3 seperate training categories for eac (Ful Time, Part Time & Youth) so altogether I have 36 seperate training schedules that I need to load up individually each time I start a new game. Although I don't mind doing this as once the patch is out it will be the once for my LLM Save, once for my Aberdeen Save and once for my Man U save if there is a quicker way of loading them all up at once I would like to know how ?, please advise

Thanks<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

its easy.

keepers

defenders

attacking players

and save them.

I second that.

Load them all as a block if you ever start a new game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When it comes to "exporting", select all the training categories you created, then save it. So you only need to load up one file, rather than all of them.

I must be a training wonk. Each player has his own schedule, keyed to position and which abilities need strengthening. For example, a player needing strength and/or aerobics gets a higher setting in these categories than players who don't. I use the defaults for 15 and 16 year olds, then individualize when they turn 17.

Maybe this approach does nothing beyond using group or default regimens. If so, that means the monthly training reports mean nothing. I take them seriously. If a defender is reported to be having poor training in set pieces, I can easily boost his training for set pieces without boosting all the defenders in set pieces.

I hire the best coaches I can. I keep all players at medium year-round. Most players are happy with their training scheds. I am happy with the on-pitch results.

Archived