Creation of "II" team in Germany - Will players still improve if there are no "league" fixtures?

Hey everyone,

I have recently started managing in Germany. I asked the board to create a II team, but the new team is not registered into any leagues and I cannot see them having an fixtures. In terms of youth development, what should I do? Do I put my youngsters into the U19s or send them to the II team, which would be better?

Thanks. 

Edited by Wenger6

U19 if they have a schedule of matches - the II Teams in germany are implemented as affiliates and be almost useless as almost anything is out of your control and supervision, useless especially when a new team has no schedule.

You can allways try to loan out players to other teams and if it goes well you may even have a financial benefit if they take over some of the wages.

Edited by Etebaer

Send them out on loan, development for the second team is virtually zero for me in Germany. The sole use I have for the second team is midweek friendlies when I need to build up match fitness for first teamers as they will never play the hidden league game at the weekend even if you set them as available.

Just encountered this, accept RB Leipzig board request to form "II" team. They just said it will compete in lowest league possible. Fast forward into 3rd season, the "II" team still not compete in any league, just being invited into PL international cup. Im using custom DB with Oberliga activated also

Your players will still develop as matches are simulated in the background. However, if you are a Bundesliga team, the league your 2nd team will play in will most likely be of too low quality for your youth players. So it usually is better to loan them out. 

If you put a decent squad on the II team they probably win promotion to a league you can actually view.  Probably not great for the development of the guys you put on the II team until it gets to a suitable level, but if you are doing a long term save I think getting the II team to a good level is a nice tool.

• 2 weeks later...