[FM 23.3] FootballHedgehog's Revived Competitions (Over 75 new domestic and international competitions)

Ever wondered what it'd be like to play in the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, or the Panamerican Championship? How about wanting Gulf players to not be counted as foreign in the UAE or the rest of the GCC? All this and much more is available in my mod pack - over 75 different club and national team competitions ranging from the revived to the should-exist (from the Arab Club Champions Cup to the Commonwealth Championship), and 20 non-foreign player agreements reflecting real life free movement or expanded memberships.

These files were designed to work with any league or competition file, and designed with playability and realism in mind.

Please let me know if you have any problems or suggestions (or reasonable requests), and have fun.

FootballHedgehog's FM Mods.zip

Edited by FootballHedgehog
Updated for 23.3

Looks brilliant, is the US free association one the only agreement that reflects IRL labour laws? i.e. Micronesians can work in the US with no visa (which I just learned) and I assume would count as domestic in MLS. I guess a lot can be achieved with "nations treated as non-foreign" but the agreements look so cool in the country profile

2 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Looks brilliant, is the US free association one the only agreement that reflects IRL labour laws? i.e. Micronesians can work in the US with no visa (which I just learned) and I assume would count as domestic in MLS. I guess a lot can be achieved with "nations treated as non-foreign" but the agreements look so cool in the country profile

All of them represent either existing labour law or plans to do so, with some expansions as made sense or are planned. Unfortunately because the FM database doesn't have Greenland, or a number of small islands in the Pacific, they do lack a few members but are otherwise accurate. Unfortunately rules from these leagues, like those in the Gulf for example, have not caught up with the movement ability of every other type of worker, so this remedies it.

Although it does make continental competition a bit of a challenge because none of the rules about that changed. If I could figure out how to kill the foreign player quota in the AFC or elsewhere I probably would, but recreating the competitions is a little bit too time-consuming for my taste, and I'm not sure editing it is really possible.

That's fair, I think the coefficients might get messed with if you touch it too. I tend to wait until the last update/patch before even considering messing with huge default structures like that anyway.

These are fascinating, I think someone did similar for FM22 but I couldn't find it when I went looking for it the other day. I feel like a lot of these countries just enforce strict "domestic" rules without considering freedom of movement (try taking the QSL to court in Qatar, lol) but there's a lot that apply. SI doesn't seem to have considered adding any more since Cotonou from what I can see

On 01/02/2023 at 13:14, themodelcitizen said:

These are fascinating, I think someone did similar for FM22 but I couldn't find it when I went looking for it the other day. I feel like a lot of these countries just enforce strict "domestic" rules without considering freedom of movement (try taking the QSL to court in Qatar, lol) but there's a lot that apply. SI doesn't seem to have considered adding any more since Cotonou from what I can see

Probably myself, as I released most of the files last year as well. I haven't seen a lot of people mention using them yet, but I've heard the Arab files in particular are fairly popular. Last year when I also posted everything on steam, it was between them and the UEFA competitions for getting the most downloads.

24 minutes ago, FootballHedgehog said:

Probably myself, as I released most of the files last year as well. I haven't seen a lot of people mention using them yet, but I've heard the Arab files in particular are fairly popular. Last year when I also posted everything on steam, it was between them and the UEFA competitions for getting the most downloads.

You have received far too little credit for your work. It is awesome. :-)

• FootballHedgehog changed the title to [FM 23.3] FootballHedgehog's Revived Competitions (Over 75 new domestic and international competitions)
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, MYHC71 said:

Please Update 23 4.0 new version thanks

Until SI fixes the bug with the Icelandic cup, I cannot update the pack as I do not want to release it in multiple parts (one for clubs and another for national teams).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
6 hours ago, fgrassi98.fg40 said:

Bro your files have massive bugs

No need to be so... blunt. I'm aware that my files are sometimes problematic (due in large part to the editor itself). Most of them, were I interested in redoing them for FM24, would probably need redoing anyway because of editor changes I reckon.

1 ora fa, FootballHedgehog ha scritto:

No need to be so... blunt. I'm aware that my files are sometimes problematic (due in large part to the editor itself). Most of them, were I interested in redoing them for FM24, would probably need redoing anyway because of editor changes I reckon.

I'm sorry ahahahah I've been a bit too direct

Btw i'm trying to correct them on fm 2023 so if you need help I can help you a bit