Adding the Instant Result Buttons to a skin

Jellico73

More than a few people have asked me this, so I figured I would put a guide together.  First things first though:

1.  Thanks to @wannachupbrew for putting the 'Instant Result' functions together.  FOr someone like me who does a lot of offline experiments and the like, it's very handy.

2.  Thanks to all those people out there creating the skins people use.  Lord knows I do not have the time, patience, or skills to modify everything, but there more than a few creators out there who do.  This year especially has seen some great new skins that have elevated the game even further IMO, Musterman, Statman, Hodr, and so on.  If you use one and like it, send the creator some coffee money, it's the least we can do.

3.  This may not work on the skin you are using.  I am not sure why, others who are brighter than me on this issue can tell you (hopefully), but I know it works on the Statman and the Mustermann skin.  If the Skin you like doesn't have the Instant Result Button, you can try this methods, and if it doesn't work, get in touch with the skin creator.

The Process:

1.  Download the Instant result skin from the website of you choice.  When you look at it after you download it, it should look like this:
image.png.17fd958d078c62d2927a821c507d8145.png

This is the base skin with the button added, in an .fmf file, which is essentially SI's version of a zip file.  You need to extract this, but a regular Zip program will not work.

image.png.0e47f3700f46d110457dd2e9a2bd4abc.png

You need to use the FM23 Resource Archiver.  This is available on Steam, I do not know about the other platforms.  

Open Steam, go to your library, in the drop down select 'tools', scroll down to where FM is and it will be listed there, it is a free download

image.png.58fb5bbcd8d2fe62f614c256a1ac1dc2.png

Download it, then open it.

image.png.b8c9fd0a7cdae9b29a41dad4289e6f64.png

It should look like this:

image.png.85131e11db911116494fb76942d49405.png

You want to 'Extract Archive", navigate to where you downloaded the Wannachup skin, and select 'Load

image.png.5069d2314aeff8a3104d129b2ba33595.png

Then it will ask you to choose a destination folder.  Highlight the folder wou want, then click 'Select'.

image.png.99f89c0ede3a2a8f6512892298b4d51e.png

Because this is a small file, it will extract quickly, you will know it's done by looking in the bottom left of the archiver:

image.png.26f15fe068bb6c5ee1a4352b0b3056f6.png

go to the folder you extracted the .fmf file to.  You should now see this:

image.png.44bb9a265f4ead17ed476cf9c3fd48ec.png

Inside the Wannachup-FM23-InsantResult folder are a graphics folder, and a panels folder.  Open the panels folder.  You will see a folder called match.  Open it and there will be 5 XML files.

Navigate to your skins folder in FM23.  Open the Skin folder, then navigate to Panels/match:

image.png.e8a751250d9b6d702f552cbb59c688d9.png

Copy and paste the XML files from the wannachup folder into this folder, and replace the files when prompted

image.png.101bec1d311645018c2f8da2d5cefff5.png

One thing I have noticed, is that the number of files replaced varies from skin to skin.

Once that's done, close everything out, start your game, select your skin, and when you get to a game:

image.thumb.png.e3a82eee8061ca5db43cad9edf934097.png

The color scheme may not match exactly, but it does work.  I've tested this on Statman and Mustermann, and have had no issues with the IR button.

Any questions let me know, if I can't answer them I will try and direct you to who can.

Thanks,

Jellico

I should add that it's a good idea that once you have copied everything over, even if you are starting the game anew, go to preferences, clear your cache and reload the skin.  Just in case.  Fm has been a bit...quirky this year with skins, not sure why...

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 11/04/2023 at 17:24, Jesus Bot said:

Would it possible for someone to upload the files to be pasted here? I have FM23 from Game Pass and don't have access to the Resource Archiver. Thanks!

If someone can upload the edited file could be very useful, thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/01/2024 at 00:37, RazorITA said:

If someone can upload the edited file could be very useful, thanks

I finally found a way for those who didnt bought game on steam...  No need for resource archiver. 

1. Download .zip from this skin - https://github.com/bluestillidie00/tcs5/releases (credit to @bluestillidie00

2. Unzip it, go to WTCS.Gold.v1.2\WTCS Gold v1.2\panels\match folder 

3. Select & copy these 4 .xml files:

• match confirmation panel
  • match day header panel
  • match overview popup panel
  • match title bar popup

4. Now go to the same folder of the skin in which you want to install Instant Result and paste these 4 files with confirmation of replacing them...
example: \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024\skins\Mustermann Iconic 1.1\panels\match

5. Works great (button is logo only, its to the left of 'submit team', I didnt noticed it at first). I also now decided to put these 4 files in some other folder, so that I wont need to go every time to WTCS skin. In case I'd wanna change skin. 

Edited by qnufc