Wonderboy

Mandy42

Something a little different, at least I think so. 

Have used the in game editor to change one of the players names and stats. And this story will follow that players career from start to finish. 

Inspired by the thread linked below. I used the player creation criteria in this thread. Random attributes were determined with the use of an online 20 sided dice roller. 

Due to me not having done this before, there were a couple of teething problems. But hopefully we are sorted now! 

So who is this person we are stalking following with interest.

Well his name is Callum Halloran (my stepson in real life). He's 15 years old at the start of this story. He's signed for FC Halifax in the Vanarama League (because we live in Halifax). He's Welsh, because deep down he considers himself Welsh. Though both him and his mother were born in Shrewsbury (due to that being the closest emergency hospital to their Welsh home). So technically he's English, but he's always sided with his grandfather's nationality of Welsh.

So, as I've never done this before! I made a few mistakes discoveries along the way. Firstly, you can't have all the leagues in your save as "view only" at least one of them has to be playable. And then just because a league is selected as view only, doesn't mean you actually get to see anything. None of the lower division clubs fixtures are loaded in (except for say cup competitions) nor can you watch match highlights. 

The plan was to put Callum at Halifax and then basically see where he went from there. I've now loaded the English leagues, so in his second season I can keep a closer eye on him. But if he begins to roam internationally. Well there might be some delay on me being able to load the leagues he moves too and thus the detail with which I spy on him. 

Limited access in the first season means limited stats.

Callum played 22 times for Halifax in his first season. He scored 10 goals. His performances contributed to the clubs highest Vanarama National league finish in 15 years. Where they placed fourth, and earned themselves a playoff spot. Once again the lack of vision into the league means I can't actually get any indication of how they played in those playoff matches. Beyond the fact that they didn't gain promotion. 

Callum has also represented Wales this last season. Making four appearances in the U21 Championship qualifiers. He's scored two goals for his country. Opening the scoring with a brace in the 4 - 0 win over the Faeroe Islands. 

Wales are in group 2 of the qualifiers. Currently in third place behind Portugal (who have already qualified) and Sweden. If I'm honest I don't understand the playoff structure for the championship. There's a second phase playoff, then a further playoff. Wales sit three points behind Sweden. I believe they will make a playoff spot if they can over turn that deficit and make it into the second place spot.

Whether its his appearance on the international stage. Or just some in depth scouting of the football pyramid. But Callum has caught the eye of several Premier league teams. The only team of the "big six" in the English top flight not to be interested in him is Liverpool. Which surely puts the advantage for his signature in Chelsea's hands. As Callum's favourite club is (well technically its his hometown club of Welshpool) but in proper football its Leeds. Though shortly behind them is his step dad's club Chelsea. So fingers crossed on that front.

In the wider world over the past year:

Man City won the Premier league title with Liverpool runners up, and Chelsea finishing third.

Roma won the Europa Conference league, beating PSV in the final.

The Italian European dominance continued with Napoli and Atlanta battling it out in the Europa League final. Napoli coming out the victors.

But the biggest prize in European continental football went to Germany, with FC Bayern beating Liverpool in the final of that competition.

Italy won the Nations league against Spain, with France the third place team.  

Well that all changed quickly, and no I don't mean the intended destination for posts for this story ;)

The plan was to be unemployed and just watch the boy play. Though the constant media offers about "whether I'm willing to work abroad" are already grating. Plus it seems that watching game engine highlights is tied to having scouts watching a game? As sitting unemployed I seem unable to watch any games at all. Which is slightly frustrating when wanting to describe the goals as and when our featured player scores. 

But then Ralf Rangnick left Man Utd of his own accord. They wanted to interview me, which I turned down. Firstly not wanting to go to the club, and secondly, at that point I didn't want a team at all. 

At this point Callum had featured in two pre season friendlies for Halifax, a 2 - 0 win against Curzon Ashton, where he led the line well and provided both assists. He played in the next game against Everton U22's. The score was 2 - 2, and although he played well, Callum didn't influence the scoresheet in anyway. 

That however, would be the end of his fledgling Halifax career. On the 22nd of July he joined Chelsea on a youth contract. He turned down Arsenal. 

At the same time, Thomas Tuchel departed Chelsea to take the vacant Man Utd position. Two days later Chelsea offered me an interview. Which I accepted. 

Seemed like a lifetime, but on the 16th of August Chelsea asked me to be their manager. So now I hopefully can do the appropriate in depth following of Callum's career. While also playing my favourite club!  

Instant karma strikes! Though we will get to that in a moment....

What on earth was Thomas Tuchel smoking, or rather, what did Man Utd offer him to smoke? 

At the end of last season, Chelsea finished third, Utd fourth. Chelsea won the FIFA club world cup, the closest Utd got to a trophy was being beaten by Arsenal in the FA cup final. 

In a push to do better in the coming season, Chelsea went out and paid £120m (plus addons) for some Norwegian striker that everyone might just have heard of. 

You sign Erling Haaland, and you move to a team that finished below you in the league before the blonde wonder has played a single game for you. He must really be looking forward to watching CR7 baby oil himself up in the changing rooms every week.

Perhaps it has something to do with the Chelsea team pretty much all needing new contracts, or wanting to leave. But I basically delegated all of that nonsense, sold a load of chaff, which allowed Marina Granovskaia to work her voodoo magic and bring in Matthijs de Ligt on deadline day for £100m, with enough left over to get Josko Gvardiol. The only input I had into those transfers was me telling her the squad were complaining about depth at centre back. Probably because I'd shipped out 37 year old Thiago Silva for wanting a new contract. No lad, take your yellow and green Zimmer frame elsewhere!

Love this delegation lark!

But.... 

Karma, 

So the day I signed the Chelsea managers contract, having decided for this to be a hands off kind of save. Callum tore his groin in training. He's been out for all of August and still has 12 days left until he can resume full training.

In other news, the Champions league group draw has been made. We have Lyon, Sporting and Rangers, so hardly a group of death. I may or may not have added Callum to the Champions league squad, in the home the group is decided as a contest with a few games to go. Plus to give him an incentive to get back to training! 

Oh... and Thomas Tuchel is top of the league with Utd, unbeaten after four games. We sit second, on 10 points.

• 2 weeks later...

So, while I'm as happy as a pig in the poop at being Chelsea manager, this isn't really the point of this tale. So lets focus on Callum for September.

Shows how little I know about injuries, while still in his rehabilitation period, Callum was selected for his first Chelsea U18's game. I hoped he didn't reinjure himself. The team ran out 5 - 1 winners against Brighton U18s with Callum converting a penalty on 10 minutes, and bagging his second just after the half hour. Good to see he's still the go too penalty taker even though he's changed clubs. 

Speaking of injuries, a week later, with a crisis on the wings in the senior team, I had little choice but to bring the 16 year old onto the bench for our home game against Newcastle. After 2 goals from Erling Haaland in the first half. It seemed safe to introduce him for 30 minutes in the second half. Give the first team wingers a rest. When he came on the pitch, he became the youngest player to kick a ball for the Chelsea first team, at the ripe ole age of 16 years and 133 days. Replacing previous record holder Ian Hamilton, who had been 16 years and 135 days old when he took the record on March 18th 1967.

With orders to Marina Granovskaia to get us an emergency loan at the winger position, Callum went back to the U18s.  

A fortnight after his first appearance he was back in the goals. Scoring his first hattrick in an 11 - 0 demolition of Bristol City U18s. Once again he converted from the penalty spot, then scored on the 34th and 84th minute.

Five goals in six appearances is his current tally, with 100% conversion of his penalties. He's also provided four assists. 

He's currently valued by the club at between 55 and 72 million pounds.