Fixture schedule is crazy

I'm still playing FM22 but it's probably still the same as it was the same on FM21 as well.

I get players moaning a lot that they want more first team football when they are classed as regular starters. The problem is with champions league and long domestic cup runs I'm often getting 2 games scheduled just 2 days apart or maybe 3. So usually a rest/recovery day off training and then maybe one session before the next match. They just can't recover in that time. So I basically have 2 outfield teams and a constant goalkeeper (if not injured) that I rotate every game even if I get games a week apart. 

How do others manage this? I can't manage to get a player playing over 40 games a season or they'd be basically dead most the time even without much training.

I recently had it where my team suddenly took part in the world club championship which was in the off season and my players just weren't recovering whether rest was set or not. This must be a bug in the game as there was training scheduled once they started the tournament. so by the quarter final they started in the orange/red and 2 players got injured as a result.

Edited by mdaw1985

Il 29/1/2023 in 04:24 , mdaw1985 ha scritto:

I'm still playing FM22 but it's probably still the same as it was the same on FM21 as well.

I get players moaning a lot that they want more first team football when they are classed as regular starters. The problem is with champions league and long domestic cup runs I'm often getting 2 games scheduled just 2 days apart or maybe 3. So usually a rest/recovery day off training and then maybe one session before the next match. They just can't recover in that time. So I basically have 2 outfield teams and a constant goalkeeper (if not injured) that I rotate every game even if I get games a week apart. 

How do others manage this? I can't manage to get a player playing over 40 games a season or they'd be basically dead most the time even without much training.

I recently had it where my team suddenly took part in the world club championship which was in the off season and my players just weren't recovering whether rest was set or not. This must be a bug in the game as there was training scheduled once they started the tournament. so by the quarter final they started in the orange/red and 2 players got injured as a result.

Club World Cup schedule is bugged as hell, or at least it was until FM22. Don't know if they've fixed in FM23 but I've read tons of complaints, and experienced this myself, but it's absolutely something they had missed until the latest version. About expected playing time, at least where possible I try to never go over Regular Starter. Haven't really had a lot of issues with it in FM22, seems like players were pretty much fine with rotating CL/League matches, but I think it's a thin line to walk

I too try not to agree to anything more unless it's a goalkeeper. Like you say most the time it's ok to rotate between the two but as soon as I don't when there is a game a week apart I start getting complaints. 

I just wonder how people manage to play a starting 11 most a season when in Europe? The AI seems to do it with their teams but as a human player I can't see how I would do it without literally stopping them from training most the time. In my latest season I've literally just had 3 games in 6 days. Then 3 days training to the next game followed by 2 days between games then international fixtures again. This is in Spain. The schedule is relentless and stupidly unrealistic. When they come back once champions League group stage is done I get the super cup. Maybe get a week between the odd game when it could have been spaced out maybe four days apart but no. A week apart with a game 2 or 3 days later. Makes no sense. 

I just want to know if anyone has a system or way of playing 11 players in 3 quarters of games when in Europe. 2 thirds would be max if I didn't need to satisfy regular starter promises. So its near enough half and half without injuries.