Is the editor for real?

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
On 22/01/2023 at 17:09, Afganitia said:

I apologise for the negativity. 

But 11 euros for an editor that can't edit (or even see!) basic things like:

- mental attributes. 

- basic contract features like release clause. 

Seems like a quick cash grab. Really unfortunate. 

The editor has been in the game for several years at this point and is fairly extensive in what it can set .. the reason that some things are excluded is:

* Mental attributes, there are a number of hidden mental attributes which combine to create the visible personalities, there can be a little daunting and confusing for users so at present we haven't allowed these to be exposed to people - at some point I might look at simply allowing users to 'select' a personality to give a player, but in general I concentrate on developing items which aren't restricted to just a few users (ie. purchasable items) and so this hasn't been a high priority simply because very few users appear to want to do it (ie. yours is one of the first mentions of this I've seen).
* Release clauses - added these into the game 'mid-stride' is problematic as it'd require the game to reassess all of its shortlisting instantly which might lock some of the older android devices up for a short-while, for this reason it hasn't been implemented yet.

I do understand your position - but sadly game development isn't always as simple as it might seem from a users perspective ... but in general please ascribe any deficiencies in the game either to my stupidity or restrictions with devices rather than intentional malice :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2023 at 08:39, Marc Vaughan said:

The editor has been in the game for several years at this point and is fairly extensive in what it can set .. the reason that some things are excluded is:

* Mental attributes, there are a number of hidden mental attributes which combine to create the visible personalities, there can be a little daunting and confusing for users so at present we haven't allowed these to be exposed to people - at some point I might look at simply allowing users to 'select' a personality to give a player, but in general I concentrate on developing items which aren't restricted to just a few users (ie. purchasable items) and so this hasn't been a high priority simply because very few users appear to want to do it (ie. yours is one of the first mentions of this I've seen).
* Release clauses - added these into the game 'mid-stride' is problematic as it'd require the game to reassess all of its shortlisting instantly which might lock some of the older android devices up for a short-while, for this reason it hasn't been implemented yet.

I do understand your position - but sadly game development isn't always as simple as it might seem from a users perspective ... but in general please ascribe any deficiencies in the game either to my stupidity or restrictions with devices rather than intentional malice :)

Choosing their personality would be nice in the future, indeed! Thanks for listening and answering.

I would also find useful to edit the formation a coach uses as it would help when assigning one in charge of the Reserve team. I usually have to hire a new one if the formation is not working that well or in some other cases which need a change on it.

En 13/2/2023 a las 15:39, Marc Vaughan dijo:

Regarding the first point, it is perfectly understandable. However, I would say that experimenting with the game:

- Player with best mentality horrible technical vs horrible mentality vs best technical. 

- seeing how a player career pans out if he was not an unprofessional player. 

- giving non league teams tons of cash. 

- moving around parameters in order to try to understand how the game works. 

Is one of the most fun things to do in fm. Alas, I fully understand that if people are not interested in that, naturally it won't come to be. 

• 2 weeks later...