(FM23) From Prussia With Love

Coxie84

(FM23) From Prussia With Love – Introduction 

Posted on 22 Jan 2023 by CoxieFM

SC Preußen Münster

slide1-22.jpg?w=1024

Introduction

Welcome FM fans to a brand new blog series on titled “From Prussia With Love”.

Before we get started I’d like to say “Thank You” for taking the time out of your day to read this new blog series and if you are new to my blog page then “Welcome” and please feel free to go check out my previous FM contents on here and if you are a regularly reader then “Hi” and welcome back and hope you enjoy my Non-League German/Road To Glory series with SC Preußen Münster.

The main reason I chose this club was that I was born in MünsterWest Germany in the early 80s. The other reasons, I like playing FM in Germany, always fun and If you have followed my contents of late, I do actually prefer a non-league sort of save/series instead of big clubs even though I did do a season with RBL & PSV in this years beta. Also, I have followed this club for a number of years now and since their relegation out of 3.Liga, few seasons ago, I’ve had to wait for a custom database to play as them (FM21, last time) but hopefully in real life this season they might win promotion back to 3.Liga so I won’t have to wait for that database.

SC Preußen Münster

38 year old CoxieFM is hired as the new manager of SC Preußen Münster. In a statement I am proud to take over the reins at this wonderful club, in what I hope will be a long term career taking them up through the German pyramid with the aim to eventually reach the promised land of the Bundesliga.

image-89.png?w=1024

The club was founded in 1906 (117 years old), SC Preußen Münster are a professional German club who currently playing in the Regionalliga West in the fourth tier of German football league pyramid.

image-88.png?w=1024

The club play their home games at Preußenstadion and we posses average training facilities and average youth facilities. As a club which enjoyed it’s best spell of success during the 2010s and their competition win coming as recently as 2014. They finished runners-up in the German top division for the only time in 1951, won the German 4th tier for the only time in 2011, won the German 5th tier on five occasions and finished runners-up on two occasions, have Westfalenpokal wins to their name and finished second best three further times.

image-90.png?w=1024

They were also one of the founding members of the Bundesliga back in 1963, but they were relegated after one season.

In 2017, Preußen Münster celebrated the club’s 111th anniversary. In celebration, the club used a special anniversary logo in 2017. The logo contained the text “111 Jahre” (111 years) on top and “1906–2017” on the bottom, along with the club’s usual Prussian eagle surrounded by a wreath. The club also gave away 111 litres of free beer to fans at the stadium

Münster unfortunately suffered relegation from the 3. Liga finishing in 18th place in the 2019-20 season after a nine year stay and in the last two season’s in the Regionalliga West finished 3rd and 2nd respectively.

Luckily, expectations of the board are not high, lol… They want me to gain automatic promotion to 3.Liga in my first season and win the Westfalenpokal in my first season. I reckon, it’s doable but it’s going to be a tough ask, or if not it will be the first time on FM23 I’ll get sacked in. Otherwise, Ill have to see what other clubs were in the Prussia region of old and change the thumbnail. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.

image-91.png?w=1024

Even in the season review they predict us to finish in first place. Let’s hope I don’t disappoint the board, fans and the media and smash this league up!!

image-92.png?w=1024

This season’s kits are cool but for me, that third kit, wow!!! Defo, on my wanted list!!

image-93.png?w=866

The leagues I have active at the start of the series which I will likely chop and change as the series goes on especially once I start getting into the top tiers of German football. Also, you can see the prevent in-game editor is ticked, so when I eventually smash up Bayern in season’s to come, I ain’t got anyone saying your cheating CoxieFM, lol…

image-94.png?w=1024

Squad

At first glance of the 23 first team players with have in at the start of the series, not bad to be honest. However, we are light in the RB and LB positions so I will need to bring in reinforcements for sure. I will unlikely for the first window bring in more than 3-4 players as that I want to use this current squad and we don’t we have much to spare in the wages too.

The club hasn’t got an affiliated parent club yet, so I might see if we can get on, you never know, we might drop lucky and get a Bundesliga club.

image-95.png?w=1024

Key Players

The two key players are both early 30’s which will need to be addressed later on in the series as that I do prefer to bring in younger players and I have check that the board do want me to sign players under 23 for the first team. Both Wooten and Lorenz will be in the starting XI for the time being.

andrew-wooten_-profile.png
marc-lorenz_-profile.png

Best Potential

Two youth players who are both in the first team with huge potential and they could be key this season in our bid for promotion and with such a small squad they will get game time. If they are that good then I might have to offer them new deals with big clauses just incase Bayern, Dortmund or RBL come sniffing.

darius-ghindovean_-profile.png
luca-tersteeg_-profile.png

Tactic

sc-preusen-munster_-overview-4.png
sc-preusen-munster_-overview-5.png

Final Words

Thank you for reading my 300th blog since I started out blogging my FM content back in May 2020.

In the meantime, please feel free to leave a comment with any feedback and questions and don’t forget to check out all the other blogs on here and you can follow me on Twitter here.

See you next time and thank you for reading…

slide1-23.jpg?w=1024

(FM23) From Prussia With Love #1

Posted on 26 Jan 2023 by CoxieFM

SC Preußen Münster – Season 1 – July 22 – December 22

slide1-25.jpg?w=1024

In the former German state of Prussia, we find one of the founding members of the Bundesliga that have not lifted the prestigious league title in the series called “From Prussia With Love”.

Last Episode: From Prussia With Love – Introduction

Off The Pitch

image-96.png?w=1024

Transfers

It was identified in the previous blog that we were a little short in the RB/LB positions in the first team squad, so I reacted quickly by bringing in not just one or two players but three players in, all on free transfers and managing to stay within the wage budget as that we didn’t have a euro’s to spend in the transfer budget.

The first two players through the door were players that have experience of playing their trade in the German leagues. Hassan Amin, a 30 year old Afghan international with 28 caps comes in as back up cover in the LB position who had been released SV Meppen in the previous summer before signing and taking a chance on Eric Voufack, who was recommended by my DoF and signed on a free transfer from Lok Leipzig. The 21 year old Cameroonian, capped at u23 level will also act as a back up RB and later gets a call up by the u23 manager in November. But then….

hassan-amin_-profile-2.png
eric-voufack_-profile.png

I made my third and final signing of this transfer window by picking up a former Chelsea youth player and one of the three footballing brothers, twin to Rio and younger brother to Jay. We welcome Cole Dasilva to the club following his release by Oxford City, who was on trial with Wrexham at the time when I offered him the deal. To be honest, if I knew I could have got him in before signing the other two above then I probably would have just got Dasilva in. However, the former Welsh youth player will likely be in the starting XI as he can play both positions RB & LB.

image-102.png?w=1024

Staff Incomings

I bring in my good mate, (Well, it sounded good) and FC Barcelona Icon Carles Puyol in as Chief Scout, so hopefully he can work his magic and search that famous Farmhouse and bring in the next best thing at the Preußenstadion…

image-104.png?w=1024

Media

No pressure then from the start from board expectations and now from the media…Title favourite’s..I best hit the ground running otherwise this is going to be a very short series, lol.

image-103.png?w=1024

On The Pitch

July 22  August 22

I could not have asked for a better start to life as the Die Adler (The Eagles) manager at the Preußenstadion as we taught SV Straelen a lesson by beating them 3-2 on a Saturday afternoon, well it wasn’t really a lesson that came in our away match against one of many reserve teams we have in the Regionalliga West as we beat Schalke 04 II 5-1 as Andrew Wooten bags a brace and his third goal in two matches.

We take a quick pause from league action as we enter the first round of the Westfalenpokal, the cup competition that the board and fans would like us to win along with the league this season, no pressure. We put YEG Hassel to the sword, no actually, I will use my favour word for FM23…We BULLIED them!! We were already 7-0 up before they were reduced to nine players and the highlight was six goals from Andrew Wooten who in my eyes should have got PoM award but hat-trick Gerrit Wegkamp got it instead. Not fussed who gets it to be fair but the final score was 11-0 in our favour as we head into the second round.

Our excellent form continued as we went on the win the following three league games making July and August unbeaten in six games in all competitions. I believe Andrew Wooten got another three goals in these games making it like 11 goals in six games. We beat Lippstadt and Kaan-Marienborn easily enough but the toughest test so far was against another reserve team BMG II were it took until the 84th minute to score our winning as we were reduced to 10-men with captain Marc Lorenz going for an early bath in the 63rd minute.

image-99.png?w=1024

September 22 – October 22

The month of September we started off against two more reserve teams, comfortably beating Fortuna Düsseldorf II 6-2 before beating FC Köln II by two goals to nil and making it seven straight wins in a row in the league.

We make it nine wins in a row in all competition after beating Lotte 2-1 at the Preußenstadion in the second round of the Westfalenpokal as we go into the final eight against Holzwickede, who exactly you ask.

We then proceed to make it eleven games wins in a row in the league making it a new Regionalliga West record beating the likes of 1.FC Bocholt, Oberhausen, Wattenscheid and 1.FC Düren. Gerrit Wegkamp got his second hat-trick of the season in the 4-1 win over Wuppertal. Our second toughest match so far was in the 1-0 win over Aachen and that only came by a mistake by their defender who let in Andrew Wooten to add to his growing tally of goals this season before we ended August with a 3-1 win over Ahlen making it four mouths unbeaten in all competition and what some would say unlucky 13 straight league wins in a row. How long is this unbeaten going to last…

image-100.png?w=1024

November 22 – December 22

Well, in the very next match as we faced our match against a strong on the day performance against SC Fortuna Köln who beat us 3-1 as at the time it was 1st and 2nd place in the table. Shocked and not shocked by the result to be honest, I knew it was going to happen eventually as we recorded our first defeat in Regionalliga West for 14 games. We next to the halfway point of the season with victories over SV Rödinghausen and SC Wiedenbrück by the same 3-1 score-line with Shaibou Oubeyapwa getting his first hat-trick in the SV Rödinghausen game.

We head into the second of the season in the last game of November and going into December and making it back to back victories over the likes of Straelen, Schalke 04 II and Lippstadt in the league to make it 19 wins in 20 league games.

image-101.png?w=988

Table

What a start to this series, top of the league after 20 games by winning 19 of them and losing once. We are 21 points ahead of second placed BMG II, who themselves have lost six games this season, mental. At the start of the season with all the expectation and weight placed on me to perform this first season, I can relax a little but not to much as that they still want us to win the league and also do the double by winning the cup too which we are still.

image-98.png?w=563

Final Words

In the meantime, please feel free to leave a comment with any feedback and questions and don’t forget to check out all the other blogs on here and you can follow me on Twitter here.

See you next time and thank you for reading…