Do a lot of loans seem unrealistic to people?

Is this a stupid question? I don't want needless slagging off of FM here though. Can agree loans could be improved and be constructive?

Why is it so easy to get cheap, and unexpectedly good loan deals for players you probably shouldn't be able to get? Do others ignore loans they can get or even give clubs money when they're offering you a player for free?

Or, is it too easy?

Let me give a recent example I had an I want to know what people think.

image.png.b3a199c5fd2d201a723eda47cc211f5d.png

I am MTK Budapest? I just got promoted back to the top flight in Hungary (I didn't get us relegated).

I have Liverpool and Aston Villa as senior affiliates. I have already picked up a Liverpool released youngster on a free. I was surprised he'd go to Hungary but figured as Liverpool were connected with MTK then he might have been advised it was a good deal.

I saw Aaron Ramsey (above) was listed for loan at Villa. He always is. Was in FM22. Must be the most loaned player in FM for the pst 2 years!

I saw that he wasn't interested in a loan.

image.png.9e651339d3b0b6ef2119a10b4cb9dda0.png

But I figured I'd try and Villa were willing to let Ramsey come here for no wages. Maybe he'll refuse but I wonder if it's just that they're an affiliate that he's free.

Should he be free? Would even a senior affiliate let a player of Ramsey's calibre go for nothing when he's on £18k wages?

Would Aaron Ramsey go to MTK Budapest on loan? Maybe I am disrespecting Hungary but I'm not sure he would.

I do tend to avoid loans often, or I at least keep them to a minimum.

Can SI do anything to make it harder to acquire players in FM? It's not just loans really. Free transfers are often very easy to get to agree to join.

I really am interested in people's thoughts on this. I'd really like an opinion on whether Aaron Ramsey (the Villa one) would make a loan move to Hungary.

47 minutes ago, anagain said:

Why is it so easy to get cheap, and unexpectedly good loan deals for players you probably shouldn't be able to get?

if it wasn't easy people would still complain, we see that every year for example with injuries. Despite there being less injuries in the game compared to RL people still complain every year that there are lots of injuries. Going back to loans it will soon become harder to have a team full of loans with fifa rules 

The Aaron Ramsey thing, no, would never happen in a mullion years, ever.

As to loans etc in general, this is the fine line (to me) of where ultimately, FM is a 'game'.  Let's be honest, would it have ever seen a third or fourth iteration if it was actually like real life and sorry, but you're never taking Boreham Wood to Champions League glory, you'll be lucky ton get them promoted never mind anythuing else.  The game would have quickly died if in like real life, unless you managed a handful of clubs, you would be stuck slogging it out forever.

2 hours ago, DarJ said:

if it wasn't easy people would still complain, we see that every year for example with injuries. Despite there being less injuries in the game compared to RL people still complain every year that there are lots of injuries. Going back to loans it will soon become harder to have a team full of loans with fifa rules 

I agree, but I don't dislike the game by any stretch of the imagination. I know you're not accusing me, but just thought I'd say that. :)

Yes, there will always be someone not happy if it's too hard to acquire players. This is one occaison when I find myself wondering if some of the suggestions for difficulty levels could be implemented. Levels that make it harder to sign players...somehow. Not sure how feasible it is as an idea.

2 hours ago, Maviarab said:

As to loans etc in general, this is the fine line (to me) of where ultimately, FM is a 'game'.  Let's be honest, would it have ever seen a third or fourth iteration if it was actually like real life and sorry, but you're never taking Boreham Wood to Champions League glory, you'll be lucky ton get them promoted never mind anythuing else.  The game would have quickly died if in like real life, unless you managed a handful of clubs, you would be stuck slogging it out forever.

This is my thought, regarding Ramsey.

I guess FM has to be 'a game'. I'm coming back to the difficulty level thing again.

I guess this is two areas in which my own self control has to be utilised. I pretty much chose to not sign Ramsey already. I think asking myself 'would this be a realistic transfer' is a way I can go to satisfy doubts.

You can loan as many players as you want as long it is within the rules and regulations!

Eintracht Frankfurt has most of the times 4 to 6 players they loaned and in 1 season it was 7 loan players and it was of the more successful times in the younger club history.

Also there are some clubs that loan out dozens of players as it is their businessmodel but the football associations have made rules to prevent excessive loan player hoarding.

The player above does not look that spectacular - i have seen some such guys in Tier 4 in germany so why would he not move out on loan if he is desperate for playing matches?

14 hours ago, Etebaer said:

You can loan as many players as you want as long it is within the rules and regulations!

Eintracht Frankfurt has most of the times 4 to 6 players they loaned and in 1 season it was 7 loan players and it was of the more successful times in the younger club history.

Also there are some clubs that loan out dozens of players as it is their businessmodel but the football associations have made rules to prevent excessive loan player hoarding.

The player above does not look that spectacular - i have seen some such guys in Tier 4 in germany so why would he not move out on loan if he is desperate for playing matches?

Yeah, I don't mean so much how many loans you can have. That is usually league/FIFA rules.

It's the ease of getting good players at smaller teams. Ramsey is a good player for the Hungarian league and could battle to start week in, week out. He spent the last two seasons on loan in first League 1 and then the CH. CH has a better reputation than the Hungarian top league. It would be a step down for Ramsey (though I reiterate I never found out if he'd accept).

I'd be surprised if Villa would want a player of his promise to play in a league like Hungary when he could play in the very competitive CH. Especially for no money.

The affiliate link is probably a big deal here though.

I just think it's an interesting discussion to debate what is realistic and what not.

18 hours ago, Maviarab said:

Amen.

On 22/01/2023 at 11:08, enigmatic said:

The unrealistic bit is getting Villa as a senior affiliate...

(He's not interested so won't go to you anyway)

That just happened. Went to my news box one day and it said we had a new partnership with Villa.

And, for what it's worth, MTK Budapest have an affiliation with Liverpool, both in and out of FM. In FM it is represented as allowing MTK academy players (future newgens) to train at Liverpool's academy. I'll then get a better newgen. I haven't seen it yet and don't even know if the game tells me.

So probably not unrealistic to have Villa as a senior affiliate.

Unless that was a fan (either of or against Villa) joke and I missed it. :D