My last 4 matches

You lost every game in the last 10 minutes. If you're not making tactical changes to see out a game from a winning position, that's on you. If you are making changes, they're obviously not good enough and you need a rethink.

You're also committing a lot of fouls, which might indicate that your players are out of position and struggling to defend properly.

While the images are not exactly much to go on, your team seem to create very few quality chances overall. Take the QPR match as the prime example, you have an xG of 2.72, but looking at hte xG Story you have 3 half chances and about a million very poor chances. Also, your goalkeeper is either poor, or at least in a very poor form.

So, after the 3 first ones, what did you do to try to change things? Did you do anything to remedy it? At the very least I'd tell the goalkeeper to step up his game, or even bench him. Also, you are losing from winning positions often, that typically means you have a good start to the match and the players either become complacent and you don't get them focused again, or the opponents change things to try to chase the game, and you fail to reach. If you for example have positive mentality, drop it to balanced. Have the full back roles be a bit more cautious, for example from WB-S to FB-S. Have one of the CMs from CM-A to CM-S. All this is based on whatever roles you use, but those things will not screw up your tactic much, and yet make you much more solid. Also, if you have loads of press set up, one notch lower can make sure your teams stays in formation better and thus are more structured and be harder to break down.

Waiting for someone putting the picture of Celtic vs Barcelona to defend the actual ****** state of the game, we are living in a simulation where every match is this one.

I suggest change the name to Celtic vs Barca Manager 2023

2 hours ago, warlock said:

You lost every game in the last 10 minutes. If you're not making tactical changes to see out a game from a winning position, that's on you. If you are making changes, they're obviously not good enough and you need a rethink.

You're also committing a lot of fouls, which might indicate that your players are out of position and struggling to defend properly.

There is almost certainly a tactical issue.  Whether that is not changing things at all to see out a lead, or actively making changes that are inviting more pressure - it's definitely worth OP raising a thread in the Tactical Forum.

Not completely unrelated to tactics, is player condition.  Constant failure to see out the closing moments of games could also be indicative of fatigue.

1. Check your GK's Concentration and Decision attributes. Anything below 10 on either will cause you issues. It appears as if your Keeper is "switching off" after your team goes up by 2 goals or so. Definitely investigate replacing him.

2. Your DCR also appears to be consistently poor - evaluate him as well.

Edited by thecaveman

Not a tactical issue.
It's just the game deciding you had enough fun and makes you miss every chance or being unable to save anything.

Happens with everything in this game, just got to ride it out.
For example I've had zero problems with injuries my first two seasons then the third season half my team was out injured in the preseason and my tactics which have given me top spots aren't working any longer. And no it's not because of reputation making team play more defensively because we have had the same reputation for three seasons.

5 hours ago, Svinmyra said:

Not a tactical issue.
It's just the game deciding you had enough fun and makes you miss every chance or being unable to save anything.

Happens with everything in this game, just got to ride it out.
For example I've had zero problems with injuries my first two seasons then the third season half my team was out injured in the preseason and my tactics which have given me top spots aren't working any longer. And no it's not because of reputation making team play more defensively because we have had the same reputation for three seasons.

Yeah, that's not how it work. SI has confirmed many times that there is no "decide to screw you" functionality. There is many ways things can go from great to bad, both in the game and real life, heck look at Liverpool in real life, several seasons where they were extremely good, but now they are struggling to pick up a win. The reasons are multifaceted, but it's often a perfect storm between transfers, injuries, morale, fatigue, among others. There are many ways of dealing with it, and it's part of the managers job to handle it, both in FM and real life. Variables always change constantly, so what happens at one time can not work later on. This is super generic, but so are your claim, so it's hard to get any more into details.

• 2 weeks later...