[FM23] 14 Regional club cups (eg. Balkans, Britain, Iberia, Southern South America etc.)

12 hours ago, bsanchezb said:

Poland within Soviet Cup? :) Ouch... Btw there was a Commonwealth of Independent States Cup for ex-Soviet countries. You can use this structure and/or name for that regional cup.

Was trying to come up with regional competitions for all the European countries and Poland were hard to fit in anywhere. So they got put in with the former Soviet countries. Same for Hungary/Slovakia, I don't believe they were ever part of the HRE but they got put into the Kaiser Pokal. Just needed somewhere for them. Plus it makes things more competitive. Polish clubs are able to compete in the Soviet Cup and prevent Ukrainian/russian dominance. Although in the current game with russia excluded from UEFA competitions I'd expect their team quality to decline a fair bit, which would mean Ukraine would completely dominate it. At least having Poland in there gives them some decent competition.

Thanks for the info about the CIS Cup, I didn't know about that one!

8 hours ago, valve said:

Is the berth allocation fixed? Because that's unrealistic in the long run, but apparently changing it dynamically based on coefficients is not possible for custom cups?

Mostly, yes. Some of them have the host qualify automatically, so technically they could get +1 place for the next season by winning it. The majority of these competitions use every team in the top division for those countries though, so there's not much need for any changing in berths. A couple do use second division teams too (England in the British Cup and Germany in the Kaiser Pokal), but not many.

Changing it based on coefficients is possible, but doing that would overwrite the existing continental coefficients. The goal is for these competitions to exist alongside the existing UEFA competitions. They're actually meant to be more similar to domestic cups than European ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea, but in the Soviet Cup for political reasons no Polish, Georgian, Ukrainian or Baltic clubs would ever play.
In any case it would be necessary to include clubs from the Crimean League, Sheriff Tiraspol from Transnistria. I have not checked if in the database there are clubs from South Ossetia and Abkhazia, which would also play.

• 1 month later...
En 2/2/2023 a las 4:37, MZ17 dijo:

Great idea, but in the Soviet Cup for political reasons no Polish, Georgian, Ukrainian or Baltic clubs would ever play. [Gran idea, pero en la Copa Soviética, por razones políticas, ningún club polaco, georgiano, ucraniano o báltico jugaría nunca.]
In any case it would be necessary to include clubs from the Crimean League, Sheriff Tiraspol from Transnistria. [En cualquier caso, sería necesario incluir clubes de la Liga de Crimea, Sheriff Tiraspol de Transnistria.] I have not checked if in the database there are clubs from South Ossetia and Abkhazia, which would also play. [No he comprobado si en la base de datos hay clubes de Osetia del Sur y Abjasia, que también jugarían.]

I think that his intention was to recreate the old USSR, not the current times with their political problems. 😜
In this way, he is creating a high-level Continental Competition facing Clubs from those countries of the Former Soviet Union. ❤️

• 1 month later...
On 20/04/2023 at 14:03, Vakama2619 said:

Will this be updated for 23.4 or does the Iceland bug not allow this to be updated?

A bit of both. The Iceland bug is an issue, but there's a way around it. Just have to do it 14 times :D I plan to update them soon, just haven't been doing much FM lately.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...