Has anyone ever been successful in winning an appeal for a red card decision?

So first of all, how the hell is this a straight red card in the first place? It was not two-footed or in any way a dangerous foul. Text on screen read that the player was the last man, while in my inbox following it my PA said it was a professional foul and the referee's decision was probably justified but clearly from the image below the player is not the last man, and if he is, he is just fractionally with my other two DCs in a position to get back in front of him, and the opposing attacker is out wide and is not in any clear goal scoring position. I failed with the appeal and my defender will now serve a three match ban as a result which lead me to asking the above question: has anyone ever been successful in overturning a red card?1382617815_redcard.thumb.png.1b6f2e8962948fac33417780c28088bf.png

Yes, it can happen.  If you read the text when the appeal option appears, it will often give you a good clue as to whether it may be successful.  I try also only to appeal rarely as well, as I am sure that if you appeal too often, the results may go against you.

• 1 month later...

A handful of times, more often than not though you won't win so take it on the chin.  As for what the graphics engine shows you, completely disregard it, it isn't accurate as to what actually happened within the match engine itself so using it as an example is bad in reality.