Board wanting to play direct/route one

35 minutes ago, Tank1985 said:

Are there any clubs where the board wants you to play direct football or route one? 

Hell yeah. I'm in constant conflict with my board over it. Lower league. Top of the league, scoring a ton, but by playing football. Board are begrudging because it isn't direct. They've taken 2 years of ceaseless success to accept my playing style.

board assess.jpg

Edited by phnompenhandy

45 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Hell yeah. I'm in constant conflict with my board over it. Lower league. Top of the league, scoring a ton, but by playing football. Board are begrudging because it isn't direct. They've taken 2 years of ceaseless success to accept my playing style.

board assess.jpg

Same, im Deportivo, i have just been promoted to la liga 2 and im 3rd in the la liga 2 after 20 games and the board aint happy with me because i'm playing attacking football and the board and supporters want me to play counter and defensive football. I find this ridiculous tbf as that would not happen in real life but SI would think otherwise, so i haven't even bothered to report it 

Edited by JamieTC13

Just adding the fact that as long as you win, you won't see much issue with the board for playstyle. In fact, playing a contradictory style and winning will make the board more and more likely to adopt your tactical setup instead.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb FrazT:

My board want me to play attacking football and to play defensive football!!!!

I wonder if attacking and defensive in that context means the tactical style or the number of goals you score and concede - in your case they maybe want you to win with with a big goal difference while not exceeding a number of goals against you?

6 hours ago, XaW said:

Just adding the fact that as long as you win, you won't see much issue with the board for playstyle. In fact, playing a contradictory style and winning will make the board more and more likely to adopt your tactical setup instead.

Well that hasn't happened to me yet and i have had 2 promotions and now im 7th in the Spanish prem with Deportivo and they still want me to play defensive and all that