[Suggestion] Accessibility/Usability improvement for touchscreen laptops

Grez

Hi,

I sometimes play on my laptop, which is a 2-in-1 laptop with a touchscreen that can fold over into a tablet. For the most part FM actually works really well in tablet mode - but there are two main areas that repeatedly cause me issues and it seems like they would be fairly simple to improve:

1) Text boxes

The application doesn't currently detect when you're in tablet mode and use the on-screen keyboard for input when you select a text box. At the moment my workaround is to play in windowed mode so that I can see the taskbar, and leave the on-screen keyboard shortcut permanently enabled on the taskbar so that I can activate it when needed - but this is far from ideal. Plenty of applications (for example this browser) manage this detection flawlessly, so clearly it's possible.

2) Scrolling through lists

With a mouse you spin the mousewheel to navigate a list. On a touchpad you can use two-finger gestures (or whatever gesture you have set up) to navigate a list. On a touchscreen laptop you would expect to use gestures in the same way that you would with a touchpad, but it does not work. I guess when you gesture with a touchscreen it generates a different kind of event to a touchpad, and this is not being handled by FM.

Technically FM does have the little scroll bars that you can click/slide, but they're tiny and very easy to misclick - if you're scrolling through a list of 1000 players in the player search screen it's very hard to be precise about where you scroll to - they're quite a poor experience.

These two small fixes would make a huge improvement to the experience of playing with a touchscreen laptop.

Tested using: ASUS Zenbook Flip / Windows 11

Cheers,

Grez

• 1 month later...