Parting Comments to Transferred Players

If you play long careers, too, you don't have to just think about that relationship as a player.  This is someone who could also potentially be a useful staff member after they retire, so if you had a decent relationship up to that point, it might serve you well not to burn bridges.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I like to add a nice sending out comment when I say goodbye to a player that's been impactful for my team and with whom I have a good relationship. Might be more of an immersion thing on my side, but I imagine it could affect also potential future buybacks / hiring as staff 

Edited by K94

2 hours ago, Gruf said:

Disappointed there is no "You are dead to me, get out of my office" option. That's a free idea for you SI :) 

Also a handy one to have when crappy players come asking for a new contract.

2 hours ago, FrazT said:

Like many of the game interactions it should always get the right positive response, but sometimes can get the "what are you talking about- I never wanted to leave in the first place" response.

Yep that's annoying when not to long ago they've been whining about wanting a new challenge.

On 29/01/2023 at 00:26, FrazT said:

Like many of the game interactions it should always get the right positive response, but sometimes can get the "what are you talking about- I never wanted to leave in the first place" response.

I'm not talking here in terms of game mechanics, but personally I don't think it should always get a positive response.  I might advocate being gracious when a player leaves, but I certainly wouldn't expect every player to extend that courtesy.  There should be players who are mad about the circumstances they are leaving in, whether that's not wanting to be sold, frustrated at lack of game time, feeling like they've outgrown the club and been held back, disappointed at team performance, unhappy with training methods, just plain don't like you, etc...  Sure, you'd expect most to be amiable or, at the very least, neutral because they don't want to be confrontational, but I think there should be more unpleasant interactions.

5 hours ago, GIMN said:

I'm not talking here in terms of game mechanics, but personally I don't think it should always get a positive response.  I might advocate being gracious when a player leaves, but I certainly wouldn't expect every player to extend that courtesy.  There should be players who are mad about the circumstances they are leaving in, whether that's not wanting to be sold, frustrated at lack of game time, feeling like they've outgrown the club and been held back, disappointed at team performance, unhappy with training methods, just plain don't like you, etc...  Sure, you'd expect most to be amiable or, at the very least, neutral because they don't want to be confrontational, but I think there should be more unpleasant interactions.

If you have forced the player out, I think the "I never wanted to leave" is a perfectly fair reply. I also think that most should be neutral in the "thanks, I guess" type, while the ones you have a good relationship with and have worked with for a long time should be very positive. I do think the whole module needs more work though, as it sometimes feel a bit random how they reply, and not just in this regard. Sure modern footballers are overpampered babies that throw their toys out of the pram as soon as they face a "no", but I think there should be more context to the discussions than currently is. Even a game should feel like an interaction, not a flowchart of X, Y, and Z, as it is now. And I hope SI have some plans there to make it feel more grounded in what actually has happened! :D 

• Administrators
On 29/01/2023 at 00:26, FrazT said:

May be in some cases they never wanted to leave the club but certainly were happy to leave the manager :D 

5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

May be in some cases they never wanted to leave the club but certainly were happy to leave the manager :D 

as Mike Basset would say....bollox to them! :D

Edited by Maviarab