Why are the players such intense divas?

i'd praise a player for having good form and if he doesn't happen to agree, he says something like "This won't be the last you'll hear of this" or "I can't drop this I'm afraid." like wtf. that is not a real life interaction. real people don't speak like that.

7 minutes ago, Henry Shepherd said:

i'd praise a player for having good form and if he doesn't happen to agree, he says something like "This won't be the last you'll hear of this" or "I can't drop this I'm afraid." like wtf. that is not a real life interaction. real people don't speak like that.

Yeah i hear ya that interactions is a bit funny and off, but the game is trying to create man management as its a major skill of being a manager.

They haven't got it 100% right but constantly praising players will get them annoyed.  Same way if someone kept praising you at work every two mins you would get annoyed.  I personally only praise a player after a hattrick of 15+ saves etc and occasionally for training if morale is dropping to avoid the above situation.  

Interactions should be more subtle, but that seems like it would be far more difficult to implement in a game environment. I'd imagine a player could feel iffy about a manager in real life and won't say anything out loud, but FM just happens to make those feelings more obvious for the sake of gameplay.

1 hour ago, 2feet said:

It's a major problem with the game.

The interactions sound like they've been written by a 10 year old.

So much room for improvement and better immersion.

But will they do it? I doubt it.

Of course they won’t do it they are too busy adding sunglasses to the manger avatar for next year or more pointless press questions 

in my game my Star player has a promise that the goalkeepers will be strengthened, I sign a goalkeeper with media reputation “world class” his reputation is “worldwide” I also have my former number 1 as backup plus two other prospects who have returned after loans.

My total goalkeepers has increased in number and in quality so of course player promise broken as they are “disappointed” that I didn’t strengthen the goalkeeper position. 

honestly SI player interaction and promises are so broken at this point it would be a better game if you just commented out all that dreadful code and did away with it completely

Edited by jeru

2 hours ago, jeru said:

honestly SI player interaction and promises are so broken at this point it would be a better game if you just commented out all that dreadful code and did away with it completely

Alternatively, you could just not make promises.

22 hours ago, Henry Shepherd said:

Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ryan Fraser.

Dimitri Payet.

Players can be huge divas. Maybe too many can be in FM and it can be frustrating but they're just trying to represent football. 

Report the ones that seem most silly and confusing, and those that involve problems with the promise system. The more bug report examples SI get the better they can make it. 

And when it comes to criticising form, be careful not to do so if there is a reasonable performance in the last 5 games. FM seems to take the whole of the last 5 games when assessing performance. Silly and I've mentioned it before myself. Poor form should be able to be noted after 3 games.

Sometimes just dropping a player can boost performance when they return. 

Edited by anagain

9 hours ago, warlock said:

Alternatively, you could just not make promises.

Ah yes well done great answer 10 points to you, always a user issue never the game……

so your argument is to just not use that part of the game because it’s completely broken, well that’s just not good enough, users shouldn’t have to avoid sections of the game that just don’t work properly. 

@warlock Rather than your snarky answer, if you actually read my post properly you will see I agreed to the promise, signed a worldwide rep goalkeeper with media description world class, he is a full international for the number 3 ranked nation in the world. In what world is that not strengthening the position? 

all the promises were Locked in during a contract renewal and while you could argue I could just not renew, he was my star player with 10+ teams interested and a previous minimum release fee in his contract. 

I think in this instance most would try to remove the minimum fee clause. 

Edited by jeru
Elaborate on a point

It works the other way too. My keeper, Altay had a mare, we lost 0-4 and he rated 5.8 so I fined him a weeks wages. He got stroppy and said fine was unfair. Similar with Romero my CB. His form has been declining, over last 5 games he is 6.70 (CB ratings can be so poor I find btw) in the last game we draw 0-0 but he rates 6.1 so I fine him and tell him he needs to improve but he isn’t happy and says something along the lines of…… “I can’t help it if my team mates aren’t letting me play the game properly”. Needs to be an option where the player accepts they have been awful and understands why we are fining them. I only fine players with a 6.4 rating or less in games  so they have to be bad before I take action

On 29/12/2022 at 22:32, DAMMO_23 said:

Yeah i hear ya that interactions is a bit funny and off, but the game is trying to create man management as its a major skill of being a manager.

They haven't got it 100% right but constantly praising players will get them annoyed.  Same way if someone kept praising you at work every two mins you would get annoyed.  I personally only praise a player after a hattrick of 15+ saves etc and occasionally for training if morale is dropping to avoid the above situation.  

They've gotten it 0% right.  Interactions are consistently the worst bits of the game, and have been since they were added.  The upside for using the system is a minor morale boost, and the downside is blowing up your entire team for multiple years.  The system is a black box, with terrible feedback and really no way to make educated decisions.  Options come and go seemingly randomly, and the player-manager doesn't get to say what IRL would be the logical thing to say half the time.  The writing of the options has frequently obscured the actual effects of what you're saying.  Honestly, the system would be significantly improved by stripping out every mechanical effect and leaving it just as a flavor generator. 

I’m not ashamed to say if a player has a problem I need to speak to them about it, I always save before proceeding, cos it’s a complete random potluck and I don’t think it’s fair that I can potentially end losing the whole dressing room over a small issue. I get it can happen in real life where players get upset but the way it’s implemented in the game is just game breaking, for me. 

yea, save, save a lot.. The one thing which constantly comes across vacuous, really. Interactions with players either have a positive outcome or there's something contrived about them when they end up negative..

Edited by SC00P0NE

It offers absolutely nothing to the game, so its best avoid it. 

You always dread it when a minor issue arises because you just know theyre going to go off on one and demand a transfer if you don't click the right box to respond. 

On 29/12/2022 at 19:22, Henry Shepherd said:

Agree 100% that people don't speak like that, especially to their boss, even if they don't respect them.  Though some do react "like" that internally:  for example, some people take praise as manipulative or feel something like "I don't need you, who I don't respect, to tell me how I'm doing" etc. 

I'm hoping that computer advancements like ChatGPT will improve interactions in all games.

On 30/12/2022 at 15:28, jeru said:

My total goalkeepers has increased in number and in quality so of course player promise broken as they are “disappointed” that I didn’t strengthen the goalkeeper position. 

Yeah, this kind of stuff drives me crazy.  In FM22, I promised a player that I'd sell him for a certain price, but after I accepted two offers, he rejected those teams, even though they were higher reputation than my team and played in the CL.  Maybe he rejected them for good reason - like too low a contract offer - but kinda crazy that he was angry at me for "breaking my promise," especially when I didn't reject any qualifying offers from even better teams.

Call me a savescummer, but i usually save before doing most of my interactions wich i know are coded poorly

Goalkeeper gets a 6.0

"your goalkeeping was poor in the last game"

"you need an optician, i played excellently!"

Edited by eXistenZ