FM23 Performance Issues on MacBook Pro

I have a 32GB M1 Max MacBook Pro. Towards the end of FM22 I was having some issues with the smoothness of the match engine, particularly after updating to Ventura. The only fix was to play in Windowed Mode, it was noticeably smoother then. 

I downloaded the demo of 23 and it ran fine in standard mode, so I bought the game and it was running fine, until it randomly went back to being choppy and stuttering for no apparent reason. Yet again, the problem improves in Windowed Mode, however, that’s not how I like to play the game. 

I’ve tested it on the highest graphics and the lowest graphics and its the same for both. 

Can anyone help as the Mac was very expensive and FM is my favourite game, and to be put off playing it is a massive shame. 

Thanks. 

17 hours ago, FM-Lee said:

I have a 32GB M1 Max MacBook Pro. Towards the end of FM22 I was having some issues with the smoothness of the match engine, particularly after updating to Ventura. The only fix was to play in Windowed Mode, it was noticeably smoother then. 

I downloaded the demo of 23 and it ran fine in standard mode, so I bought the game and it was running fine, until it randomly went back to being choppy and stuttering for no apparent reason. Yet again, the problem improves in Windowed Mode, however, that’s not how I like to play the game. 

I’ve tested it on the highest graphics and the lowest graphics and its the same for both. 

Can anyone help as the Mac was very expensive and FM is my favourite game, and to be put off playing it is a massive shame. 

Thanks. 

Hi,

I have a 16 inch M1 Pro MacBook Pro and also found FM23 performance was worse after updating to Ventura. I re-installed MacOS Monterey as I didn’t have many files to backup and the FM23 performance is really good again so I’d recommend doing this if it’s an option for you 

I've got an i9 8-core (latest intel model) with an AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB graphics card running Ventura, and the 3D match engine is unplayable. The game says I have only 1 of 5 stars for graphic performance.

Is the issue with Ventura, not the computer? When will SI release an update to fix?

On 28/12/2022 at 09:08, kevez27 said:

Hi,

I have a 16 inch M1 Pro MacBook Pro and also found FM23 performance was worse after updating to Ventura. I re-installed MacOS Monterey as I didn’t have many files to backup and the FM23 performance is really good again so I’d recommend doing this if it’s an option for you 

How difficult is that to do? I don’t have many files on mine either? 

On 28/12/2022 at 20:33, mikaelaustin said:

I've got an i9 8-core (latest intel model) with an AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB graphics card running Ventura, and the 3D match engine is unplayable. The game says I have only 1 of 5 stars for graphic performance.

Is the issue with Ventura, not the computer? When will SI release an update to fix?

Apparently a lot of people, regardless of system, are having issues with the 3D match engine. 

4 hours ago, FM-Lee said:

How difficult is that to do? I don’t have many files on mine either? 

It’s fairly easy if you can follow instructions. I’m not great with this type of thing but I found this article very helpful 

https://appletoolbox.com/how-to-downgrade-from-macos-ventura-to-macos-monterey/

Since downgrading it’s been better but I think the video adboards in game are causing lag as I can play in 3D in smaller stadiums on very high settings with no problem but as soon as I play in a big stadium with the moving adboards, performance is noticeably poor. Hopefully SI address this soon but I’m much happier on Monterey overall than on Ventura