Build a nation how should i setup my database? (scandinavia

So basically I started a build a nation save early in FM but I stopped playing it and I'm thinking if I should continue or restart but I always have a problem of not knowing how I should set up my database.

Is a database like this fine or should i change it a bit ? i took a picture how my current database save looks like, the save is in Sweden

66fbd83bc952f253a22b1e5699aeef74.png

Edited by Jonathanskilz

I tend to prefer less loaded leagues but more players added for longer-term saves- eg: adding ‘current international players for each continent and ’players from top division clubs’ from Europe and South America in custom settings on set-up.

That way more regens etc are produced from leagues around the world which aren’t playable but the processing of fixtures/competitions isn’t so heavy (except on deadline day I find which can take a little longer :D). It’s a matter of personal preference though as it looks like your PC can handle a high number of leagues loaded. 

no your setup is completely awful tbh. first thing first. when you start a game you must go into custom database options. forget about leagues it is about players first and foremost.

example if you dont load african and asian players in custom db settings they have almost no leagues. so it doesnt matter and together they produce just as much as south america. its only in most peoples setup whwre south america dominates cause they dont go into custom options.cause middle east counts as asian continent and they get a lot of good players. 

first thing i do is force load all players from national teams in every continent. then make all leagues viewable. viewable doesnt slow anything down but makes it easier to browse for players. then if you are in europe you start with the big in europe and the big 5 in the americas. you want them as playable not just for players but for finances and their coaches as well. i would make mexico, brazil, argentina, columbia and argentina playable minimum.

If i was starting lower league in sweden i wouldnt worry about the big europe leagues at first but make all the scandinavian leagues playable. then as you progress upwards you remove those league and add the top 5. having the top 5 europe leagues dont help anything when you are in 3rd tier sweden.

but all those americas, african and asian players and coaches will help. Im 15 years into my hungary save but basically from year 2 i was able to find south american coaches which led me to find out of contract south american players wish jumped me the leagues. 

you also want to turn the detail to minimum for every league but the one you are playing in. this really speeds up the game. i think setting up the db for every continent national teams and top club players is like 100k players. that is all you need.

On 28/12/2022 at 00:26, JimmysTheBestCop said:

no your setup is completely awful tbh. first thing first. when you start a game you must go into custom database options. forget about leagues it is about players first and foremost.

example if you dont load african and asian players in custom db settings they have almost no leagues. so it doesnt matter and together they produce just as much as south america. its only in most peoples setup whwre south america dominates cause they dont go into custom options.cause middle east counts as asian continent and they get a lot of good players. 

first thing i do is force load all players from national teams in every continent. then make all leagues viewable. viewable doesnt slow anything down but makes it easier to browse for players. then if you are in europe you start with the big in europe and the big 5 in the americas. you want them as playable not just for players but for finances and their coaches as well. i would make mexico, brazil, argentina, columbia and argentina playable minimum.

If i was starting lower league in sweden i wouldnt worry about the big europe leagues at first but make all the scandinavian leagues playable. then as you progress upwards you remove those league and add the top 5. having the top 5 europe leagues dont help anything when you are in 3rd tier sweden.

but all those americas, african and asian players and coaches will help. Im 15 years into my hungary save but basically from year 2 i was able to find south american coaches which led me to find out of contract south american players wish jumped me the leagues. 

you also want to turn the detail to minimum for every league but the one you are playing in. this really speeds up the game. i think setting up the db for every continent national teams and top club players is like 100k players. that is all you need.

Thanks i shall definetly look  into that 

Edited by Jonathanskilz
Stuff