[FM18] Unable to change the structure of the French leagues.

allstar56

Hi everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone could help me, or if they have experienced this before. I found an FM08-09 retro custom database online that is playable exclusively on FM18. In 2008-2009, the french league pyramid was structured on: 

Ligue 1 (top division): 20-team league where the bottom 3 teams are automatically relegated to Ligue 2.
Ligue 2 (second division): 20-team league where the top 3 teams are automatically promoted to Ligue 1 and bottom 3 teams are automatically relegated to National.
National (third division): 20-league team where the top 3 teams are automatically promoted to Ligue 2 and bottom 4 teams are automatically relegated to the French Amateur Football Championship (fourth division).

The issue I am having is that the French football pyramid was restructured from this system into one where the team who finishes in 18th place in Ligue 1 takes part in a 2-legged play off match versus the team who finished 3rd in Ligue 2. This came into effect for 17-18 which is the competition format that FM18 editor currently holds. This same new format applies to the team which finishes 18th in Ligue 2, who must play a play-off versus the team who finished 3rd in National.

I am proficient enough at editing, but my weak spot is competitions and no matter how hard I've tried, reverting the top 3 leagues in France back to its original format before 17-18 is proving to be a real roadblock. I have the editors of previous FMs where the original format applied (FM16, FM17 etc.) and have tried to take pictures of the French league back-end systems, so I can apply the same data into the FM18 editor but whenever I start up a new game to see if the changes have come into effect, it still maintains the post 17-18 French league structure with the play-off system. 

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Or knows of a fix to help me get back to the old French system? If so, I would be eternally grateful for any help or insight as this is proving to be the final obstacle in my way before I can fully immerse myself in my 08-09 retro save. If anyone replies I am happy to provide screenshots on what I am doing on editor to clarify the above.

Thanks!

• 10 months later...