Tactics of the World Cup Final

42 minutes ago, gennamitico said:

This is sofascore average positioning. It seems like a 433 or 442 asymmetric 

682D0FC9-2B62-4B40-9C08-F51A0C75927E.jpeg

I'd be inclined to start with a 433 with Messi a Trequartista off the right and see if he needed moving into the middle based on the play. You've got the Carillero role for De Paul and a BBM for Mac Allistair, plus it puts Enzo in front of the defence which looked right to me.

The real trick of the formation is how De Paul and Molina just locked down that right flank between them, allowing for Messi to leave it alone when he felt like it.

Nothing wrong with a 442 replication either of course. A 4411 with Messi treq'ing it up behind pressing forward Alvarez could also work. Either of those and you're pretty much looking at a 'Nike tick' midfield which would be easily set up, and you could save going asymmetric by focusing play down the right to encourage Messi to drift that way - along with Mac Alistair, who seemed to be bloody everywhere. Either way, it'd be a narrow shape with Di Maria the odd man out stretching the French defence on the left.

18 hours ago, latrell said:

Screenshot (3).png

Purely on the roles: I agree with most of them.

However, I’d put Di Maria on attack, Enzo on DLP(s) and Messi as treq with Alvarez pf(a).

Didn’t pay enough attention to Romero to really judge but I’d probably start with a CD. 

for Argentina, i felt that whilst di maria was on, it was like the ball came through the middle but when it got to the attacking third it was find him at every opportunity.  they knew they had a chance there.  i do not know how that transfers to Fm, as focus play doesn't work like that as I understand it.

Em 18/12/2022 em 16:20, latrell disse:

Screenshot (3).png

This is how they finished the game tho. For the start i Guess it was Fernandez as a DM (D), De Paul as Carrilero at RCM and Mac Allister as a B2B on LCM. Di Maria as a Winger (A) on left side and Messi as a T (A) on the right side, and Alvarez maybe as a DLP (A) or PF (A).

Then they reverted to this 4-4-2, at the beggining at the game was clear that Argentina was defending in a 4-3-3 with Messi and Di Maria not that wide, crowding the central areas.

About the defence, isn't Otamendi the NCB?

Cheers,
Bitner

27 minutes ago, Bitner said:

This is how they finished the game tho. For the start i Guess it was Fernandez as a DM (D), De Paul as Carrilero at RCM and Mac Allister as a B2B on LCM. Di Maria as a Winger (A) on left side and Messi as a T (A) on the right side, and Alvarez maybe as a DLP (A) or PF (A).

Then they reverted to this 4-4-2, at the beggining at the game was clear that Argentina was defending in a 4-3-3 with Messi and Di Maria not that wide, crowding the central areas.

About the defence, isn't Otamendi the NCB?

Cheers,
Bitner

This was a quick idea about how i saw things but if i look deeper at it yes there would be a few roles i would change i choose Romero as the ncb due to how aggressive he was in the tackle i seen many times big slide tackles where the ball ended up in the stands :)