Final: Argentina vs France, 3PM GMT, Lusail Iconic Stadium

Darius1998

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

The ticker tape stuff before every game they played was unbelievable, we’d never seen anything like it before, literally mind blowing.

First World cup I remember and I remember all the ticker tape and the performances of kempes

Just now, Astafjevs said:

There's definitely something up with France. Maybe a few more are ill than they're letting on.

Giroud definitely wasn't fully fit because you wouldn't take him off otherwise at 33 mins. Not when they have two small central defenders

I think we'll be hearing a lot about a bout of flu in the days to come.

Don't know what France are playing at. They aren't merely passive, just standing around giving a nothing pass eventually and then Argentina actually put an effort in to scrap for the ball. Theo has been one of the worst for this aside from Dembele. France have quite a few players who can carry the ball and have done none of that this half.

1 minute ago, kopsy101 said:

Rather that that Jermaine Jenas or Ally Mccoist

If Peter Drury did it half the forum would probably cream their pants tbf.

Can't wait for somebody to post what ever pretentious piece of poetry he comes up with at the full time whistle that he's been practicing for days.

2 minutes ago, nico_france said:

This penalty is a total disgrace 

Argentina had plenty of pens during the tournament

French are not good but the ref kills us

Mate, you've been absolutely horrific. He absolutely does clip him too. It's one that's quite soft but I've no sympathy with Dembele defending that stupidly. You're not losing because of the referee.

3 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Germany and Brazil going out aren't really to do with their coaches. Proper narrative reaching nonsense 

German's defense looked like a FIFA gamer set it up, ridiculously bad. Then he starts switching their positions after one match.

And playing Muller at #9 as if it's written in constitution.

Brazil lacked balance in midfield and would lose to Argentina, much like they did in Copa final.

4-1-5 football from 70s.

Just now, Pukey said:

Mate, you've been absolutely horrific. He absolutely does clip him too. It's one that's quite soft but I've no sympathy with Dembele defending that stupidly. You're not losing because of the referee.

That's my view too.

1 minute ago, Weezer said:

Can't wait for somebody to post what ever pretentious piece of poetry he comes up with at the full time whistle that he's been practicing for days.

He's getting drowned out by the crowd. :D

Didn't even hear what he said on any of the goals. Although that might be me not paying much attention to the commentary at all.

1 minute ago, Weezer said:

Prefer Drury to a lot of commentators but he really is way way overboard a lot of the time. Feels like he gave one mad line of commentary one time years ago and now feels he has to up it every time even though it comes across as forced every time.

3 minutes ago, nico_france said:

This penalty is a total disgrace 

Argentina had plenty of pens during the tournament

French are not good but the ref kills us

Pen was correct. Light touch and dive = penalty, sorry.

French are killing themselves. At what point did they even threaten to score or put any pressure on the Arg defense? France play for the counter. I find it rather sweet that they ran into one. 
Didier better come up with another plan. 

Just now, Pukey said:

Prefer Drury to a lot of commentators but he really is way way overboard a lot of the time. Feels like he gave one mad line of commentary one time years ago and now feels he has to up it every time even though it comes across as forced every time.

Oh no, he has been doing the same stuff for a solid 25 years now, but for some reason the Roma one went viral.

21 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Btw, who was it who said Saka is already better than Di Maria after the first game?

Di Maria is the definition of big game performer, delivered in every final he played, both club and NT.

There's no way Saka gets awarded the penalty Di Maria won - that's the bigger difference than anything else.

2 minutes ago, Pukey said:

It wouldn't bother me as much if it sounded natural but they're so obviously rehearsed, really grinds my gears when people fawn over him :D 

And the commentary in PES was ***** for years.

Just now, oche balboa said:

Drury is a great commentator 

I criticise Matterface for being forced and Drury absolutely does it too. With better lines, but still comes across incredibly cringe and like he's trying to make it about himself.

Just now, Pukey said:

I criticise Matterface for being forced and Drury absolutely does it too. With better lines, but still comes across incredibly cringe and like he's trying to make it about himself.

So much technological advancement and we still can't just turn off the commentary and increase the stadium volume.

1 minute ago, Bliss Seeker said:

What on earth is that bbc half time.  No talk about how France get back in the game, but 5 minutes talking about Zabalota's shirt collection :D

That was the time they'd originally allotted to talking about French attacking play. :D

In all seriousness, I expected five minutes on Gareth's decision to stay on

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

So much technological advancement and we still can't just turn off the commentary and increase the stadium volume.

I'd probably still watch with commentary depending on who it is, but it is definitely daft it's not even an option.

1 minute ago, skybluedave said:

Even better that his brother is called Kevin

The first time i came across him was in a City/Brighton game and i mocked the commentator for pronouncing MacAllister so stupidly. Then googled and realised that's actually how the name has evolved :D