Final: Argentina vs France, 3PM GMT, Lusail Iconic Stadium

Darius1998

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

I know he's scored that but how is Messi so bad at pens. That was a rubbish pen. I don't even think it was one where he's waited for keeper to dive first. Lloris goes left easy save

He's not great at them, he's merely average but it's never a bad pen when you're on target and the keeper goes the other way...

Edited by enigmatic

1 minute ago, skybluedave said:

I know he's scored that but how is Messi so bad at pens. That was a rubbish pen. I don't even think it was one where he's waited for keeper to dive first. Lloris goes left easy save

It's so bizarre isn't it? I know he's scored about 75 million this tournament but I don't trust him at all with penalties which is so bizarre to say about such a talent.

Just now, Pukey said:

It's so bizarre isn't it? I know he's scored about 75 million this tournament but I don't trust him at all with penalties which is so bizarre to say about such a talent.

iirc he has a 28% miss rate from pens.

Just now, ginnybob said:

Clips his trailing leg...

It's soft but there was contact and it's not being overturned.

Frustrating when there's been more obvious pens not given though.

The entire problem is the "clear and obvious" narrative they sold us.

Yesterday there was a textbook blatant penalty where you can see attacker's foot get moved by defender kicking it and nothing happened, Morocco had a sitter on the other side.

For years they've been interpreting stuff however they want.

Teams they want to win get softest penalties that would never be given before VAR, underdogs don't get blatant ones.

1 minute ago, martinji said:

Jairzinho scored in every game for Brazil in 1970

Fair enough. I must've mis-heard the commentators, I'm sure they said prior to KO if he scored today he'd be the first. Maybe it was the first since Jairzinho, not sure. 

Just now, JD nawrat said:

Fair enough. I must've mis-heard the commentators, I'm sure they said prior to KO if he scored today he'd be the first. Maybe it was the first since Jairzinho, not sure. 

No its what he said, but its also Matterface that said it, so...

I think they have been saying Messi would be the first to score in R16, QF, SF and final. In Jairzinho’s day they didn’t have a R16.

Maybe the first since the round of 16 was added, 1970 went straight to QF from groups

1 minute ago, Icondacarver said:

If it was not a team containing Messi, this would be called out more.

Qatar wanted a PSG final and the referees have been playing their part. Still can't believe people don't think the ref was biased towards France in our QF.

Messi is the first player to score in R16, Quarters, Semis and Final (and Groups).

No R16 for Jairzinho.

Just now, Weezer said:

Qatar wanted a PSG final and the referees have been playing their part. Still can't believe people don't think the ref was biased towards France in our QF.

Most people from civilized world don't understand how refereeing favoritism works, not even about blatant calls, just about stuff like yellow card immunity or one-sided fouls on the middle of the pitch to kill the momentum.

1 minute ago, oche balboa said:

Dembele is overrated 

I don't think anyone except Deschamps rates him.

1 minute ago, Pukey said:

Why are you evening listening to Matterface when it can be watched on BBC :D 

I've found that my BBC streams are way behind and/or drop out regularly, whereas I've not had a single problem with the STV stream, so that's why I'm watching Matterface :D Dixon too :D

at least Ally is there..