FM23 England Level 10 Challenge

The Aim

To take a team from Level 10 and try and work your way up the leagues to Premier League and champions League glory gaining points along the way for winning competions/promotions.

For this challenge you will need my Level 10 Database, (Download available at the bottom of the page)

There is also a excel spreadsheet available with all the competions on so you can keep track of your progress.

Starting Up

Make sure My Level 10 database is activated with no other database add-ons.

Start a new game with all leagues activated down to Level 10.

Attribute masking is optional but in-game editor is not allowed to be used.

You can start Unemployed if you want to or you can just pick a club at Level 10.

You must start your management career at any Level 10 club.

Start a manager with no coaching badges (you can and should obtain them along the way)

Start with a sunday league footballer reputation.

No additional languages beyond those generated by your nationality(ies).

2nd nationality only if you genuinely have a genuine second nationality and you have used your real primary nationality.

No use of in-game editor.

All other advanced options (e.g. adding players to playable teams) are allowed.

You need to start with all leagues loaded down to Level 10 to start your management career.

Any database size, any start date.

Requirements

Win as many trophies as you can from the list of competions below as you make your way up the leagues.

You will get points for winning League's & Cups based on the reputation of the competition, (Example if you win the FA Cup you will gain 156 points, win the midland league premier division and you will get 20 points etc)

You must win the Competition while you are the manager (the competition must not have finished before you takeover as manager)

If you gain promotion from a lower League you still get the points for that competition. (it just wont be counted as a trophy unless you win the league)

If you get sacked you will need to apply for jobs at Level 10 clubs.

You can only apply for jobs for teams that are in Level 10 and started the 1st season at Level 10.

When you join the challenge post a screenshot of your manger profile.

A leaderboard will be created on the 2nd post for users taking up the challenge.

A list of all the competions you can win and the points

Premier Division 184
Sky Bet Championship 132
Sky Bet League 1 107
Sky Bet League 2 85
Vanarama National League 72
Vanarama National League North 46
Vanarama National League South 46
Isthmian League Premier Division  35
Northern Premier League Premier Division  35
Southern League Central Premier Division  35
Southern League South Premier Division  35
Isthmian League North Division  30
Isthmian League South Central Division  30
Isthmian League South East Division 30
Northern Premier League Division 1 East  30
Northern Premier League Division 1 Midlands 30
Northern Premier League Division 1 West 30
Southern League Division 1 Central  30
Southern League Division 1 South  30
Combined Counties League Premier Division North 20
Combined Counties League Premier Division South 20
Eastern Counties League Premier Division  20
Essex Senior League  20
Hellenic League Premier Division  20
Midland League Premier Division  20
North West Counties League Premier Division  20
Northern Counties East League Premier Division  20
Northern League Division 1  20
Southern Combination League Premier Division  20
Southern Counties East League Premier Division  20
Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division  20
United Counties League Premier Division North 20
United Counties League Premier Division South 20
Wessex League Premier Division  20
Western League Premier Division  20
Combined Counties League Division 1  15
Eastern Counties League Division 1 North  15
Eastern Counties League Division 1 South  15
Hellenic League Division 1  15
Midland League Division 1  15
North West Counties League Division 1 North  15
North West Counties League Division 1 South  15
Northern Counties East League Division 1  15
Northern League Division 2  15
South West Peninsula League Premier Division East  15
South West Peninsula League Premier Division West  15
Southern Combination League Division 1  15
Southern Counties East League Division 1  15
Spartan South Midlands League Division 1  15
United Counties League Division 1  15
Wessex League Division 1  15
Western League Division 1  15

FA Cup 156
EFL Cup 114
Community Shield 99
EFL Trophy 75
FA Trophy 52
Isthmian League Cup 35
Northern Premier League Challenge Cup 35
Southern League Cup 35
FA Vase 25
Combined Counties League Cup 20
Eastern Counties League Cup 20
Essex Senior League Cup 20
Hellenic League Cup 20
Midland League Cup 20
North West Counties League Cup 20
Northern Counties East League Cup 20
Northern League Cup 20
Southern Combination League Cup 20
Southern Counties East League Cup 20
Spartan South Midlands League Cup 20
United Counties League Cup 20
Wessex League Cup 20
Western League Cup 20
South West Peninsula League Cup 15

Champions League 200
Club World Cup 170
European Super Cup 155
Europa League  150
Europa Conference League  130

English Level 10 Database

England Level 10 League & Data Updates.fmf

English Level 10 Challenge Spreadsheet.

FM23 Level 10 Challenge.xlsx

This Database takes up many hours of my spare time, If you would like to send a donation my paypal link is.

https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/ivanwright46

There is a discord server for this too.

https://discord.gg/EAUGQPMcXg

Edited by lionel messi

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again. Changing it up a bit this year and going with a team that is local to where I grew up.

image.png.7c3b6e8d75801e4f69c263ff2098bfdd.png

Here's my manager profile. I prioritized determination as that is the defining attribute for getting your way with the board, apparently. I was turned down often for requests for affiliates and upgrading facilities last time round, so hopefully this will address that.

image.thumb.png.4b925d2e566a00d985a2cf215b194ac4.png

59 minutes ago, Hitbox said:

Here we go again. Changing it up a bit this year and going with a team that is local to where I grew up.

image.png.7c3b6e8d75801e4f69c263ff2098bfdd.png

Here's my manager profile. I prioritized determination as that is the defining attribute for getting your way with the board, apparently. I was turned down often for requests for affiliates and upgrading facilities last time round, so hopefully this will address that.

image.thumb.png.4b925d2e566a00d985a2cf215b194ac4.png

Welcome back to the challenge for this year and good luck

OK, so off we go.  Generally go Northern teams but thought I'd mix it up and go nice and central so we're off to Barrow Town.

image.png.72c60240f51fc8b92975d1b9a7fdce2a.png 

image.png.556e6c055bca529177ebc41f73a7a2fe.png

Set up below.  Just gone with the home nations in the early stages, add additional players (if needed) and don't add key staff.  Player attribute masking is on, otherwise the game is far too easy, especially at lower levels.

image.png.92e975b88d628e8565390039e1d231e2.png

5 hours ago, tsmits06 said:

First Time doing this challenge. Looking forward to sinking my teeth deep into this save. My one question is, is it a 1 team save? or can i change teams if the job is out there?

Starting with Stonehouse Town

image.thumb.png.2815c6e54a23c125206c13cc4ca50a4e.pngimage.thumb.png.b6ecb929bf6e336374b9451bee65aca5.png

Its a one team save unless you get sacked.

If you do get sacked you have to apply for a job at another Level 10 team.

Also this team has to have started at Level 10 at the start of the game.

18 hours ago, tsmits06 said:

First Time doing this challenge. Looking forward to sinking my teeth deep into this save. My one question is, is it a 1 team save? or can i change teams if the job is out there?

Starting with Stonehouse Town

image.thumb.png.2815c6e54a23c125206c13cc4ca50a4e.pngimage.thumb.png.b6ecb929bf6e336374b9451bee65aca5.png

I took Stonehouse Town to the Championship in last years challenge!

First time doing this - picked the most local team to me, Chester-le-Street Town. Looking forward to bringing Tika Taka to the Northern League...

(I definitely won't find a 6'5 target man and set my keeper to smash everything up to him... honest... )

image.thumb.png.670c36d50771e0c4afd6f806509da749.png

12 minutes ago, WITW said:

First time doing this - picked the most local team to me, Chester-le-Street Town. Looking forward to bringing Tika Taka to the Northern League...

(I definitely won't find a 6'5 target man and set my keeper to smash everything up to him... honest... )

image.thumb.png.670c36d50771e0c4afd6f806509da749.png

Good luck with the challenge

I haven't had a chance to even load the game, since I found out how to put the custom data into the game. Going to make a start today. Could someone tell me which of the level 10 leagues is most likely to have a Cambridge based team in? I'd like to play as a local team. Thanks in advance for helping me out,

35 minutes ago, wheatoplays said:

I haven't had a chance to even load the game, since I found out how to put the custom data into the game. Going to make a start today. Could someone tell me which of the level 10 leagues is most likely to have a Cambridge based team in? I'd like to play as a local team. Thanks in advance for helping me out,

There is no teams from cambridge in Level 10.

Here are your closest options.

Haverhill - Eastern Counties 1 North

Letchworth Garden City Eagles - Spartan South Midlands Division 1

Langford - Spartan South Midlands Division 1

Real Bedford - Spartan South Midlands Division 1

Eaton Socon - Spartan South Midlands Division 1

Huntingdon Town - Eastern Counties 1 North

Going to have a first crack at this challenge. Thanks for all the work you put into the DB @lionel messi, it's great.

Decided to start unemployed and holidayed to the 28th of Nov. After being rejected by what felt like half of the South West Peninsula League East and West, Lutterworth Athletic took a chance on me. Replacing club favourite, 29 year chairperson/manager and Lutterworth legend in general Mick English:

1849743305_Screenshot2022-12-19at10_54_19.thumb.png.d0dfc853efee94ad8d93057586e19db9.png

Poor Mick

Manager Profile:

Spoiler

138742330_Screenshot2022-12-19at11_05_31.thumb.png.b2ff2f552c7eb7efebd55e112aaf1214.png

Unsurprisingly, the team looks pretty ropey but they were predicted (and the board expect) a mid-table finish so potentially won't be a long running challenge :D.

Going to combine this with a Brexit focused recruitment policy, when that actually makes a difference. First result gives me hope:

Spoiler

15521323_Screenshot2022-12-19at11_59_32.png.0cf738cf9d417ae59c283eed06083494.png

Edited by kraftberk

1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

There is no teams from cambridge in Level 10.

Here are your closest options.

Haverhill - Eastern Counties 1 North

Letchworth Garden City Eagles - Spartan South Midlands Division 1

Langford - Spartan South Midlands Division 1

Real Bedford - Spartan South Midlands Division 1

Eaton Socon - Spartan South Midlands Division 1

Huntingdon Town - Eastern Counties 1 North

Thanks ever so much for looking into this for me.

1 hour ago, tomline89 said:

not done the challenge before - anyone able to tell me what the tabs are for along the bottom of the spreadsheet? 

the competition one is self explanatory but the other 3 i'm not sure about

cheers!

The Club History is so you can put in your club history as you progress through each season.

The points tab is so you can put in each competion/promotion you win, it will caculate your total trophies/points automatically as you fill it in.

The Leaderboard tab is for me so i can caculate the leaderboard when people win competions/points.

26 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

The Club History is so you can put in your club history as you progress through each season.

The points tab is so you can put in each competion/promotion you win, it will caculate your total trophies/points automatically as you fill it in.

The Leaderboard tab is for me so i can caculate the leaderboard when people win competions/points.

What program on a PC would be best for opening and editing the spreadsheet?

30 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Dont you have excel?

You dont even have to use the spreadsheet its mainly just for me so i can update leaderboard etc

You say that like everyone should have Excel... Lol. Nah, I don't have it. I'll grab it now.

Edit: No I won't. I'll grab a free alternative.

Edited by wheatoplays

Santa Claus is coming to Great Yarmouth Town! Let's hope his present to them is many years of promotions and cup wins.

I photoshopped together a comparison picture of the kits I made compared to the real thing. Took me about 4 hours to do them both (I build the home kit from scratch, but the away kit I converted some of it from a different default kit pack to fit the FM standard kit size).

Edit: Just seen in my ingame inbox that the season I took charge marks the 125th anniversary of the clubs formation. I hope I can make this a landmark season to remember.

20221220133013_1.jpg

20221220133034_1.jpg

kitsgyt.png

Edited by wheatoplays

5 minutes ago, wheatoplays said:

Santa Claus is coming to Great Yarmouth Town! Let's hope his present to them is many years of promotions and cup wins.

I photoshopped together a comparison picture of the kits I made compared to the real thing. Took me about 4 hours to do them both (I build the home kit from scratch, but the away kit I converted some of it from a different default kit pack to fit the FM standard kit size).

20221220133013_1.jpg

20221220133034_1.jpg

kitsgyt.png

Welcome to the challenge and good luck.

Nice job on the kits.

1 minute ago, lionel messi said:

Welcome to the challenge and good luck.

Nice job on the kits.

Thanks mate. I'm really happy with the way the kits turned out. Hopefully I don't get sacked during my first season, and the effort was worthwhile lol.

I actually decided on this club because I have a lot of fond memories of Great Yarmouth. My parents used to take me there when I was a child, and I also went there a fair few times as an adult. It's a great seaside town. If you're ever in the east of England during the summer, I highly recommend going there for a day out. You might be lucky enough to meet Santa, with him being the football clubs manager now :lol:

11 minutes ago, wheatoplays said:

Thanks mate. I'm really happy with the way the kits turned out. Hopefully I don't get sacked during my first season, and the effort was worthwhile lol.

I actually decided on this club because I have a lot of fond memories of Great Yarmouth. My parents used to take me there when I was a child, and I also went there a fair few times as an adult. It's a great seaside town. If you're ever in the east of England during the summer, I highly recommend going there for a day out. You might be lucky enough to meet Santa, with him being the football clubs manager now :lol:

I have never been there but i bet it is nice.