Question. How to have a structured attacking shape

I am trying to figure out the best way to play a Possesion based tactic, but I don't want sterile Possesion I want some goals created and good chances, but the question I have is how to create those passing Triangles and Diamonds and a structure team shape? And how can I monitor if it's working in terms of shape and passing Triangles, what analytic can I use in game the show me those Triangles and shape? 

I normally split my tactics with two or three attack duties 3 defend duties and the rest on support should I use more support duties in order to have a better team shape?

barcelona-433-graphic.jpg.c5ff388d3b2d50b3a62d5f9f18dae134.jpg

Edited by Strikerir1
Image added

If you are looking for a more rigid approach, you need to be more rigid in terms of distributing duties to your players. Setting up more Defend/Attack Duties, will make your approach more rigid, while setting up more support duties will make your team more fluid. You can also alter the fluidity of your team by using be more expressive / be more disciplined, to define the rigidness in the final third. To make the most use out of triangles, you should pick a formation, that naturally provides a lot of them, like a 4-3-3. It can be helpful to have one support duty player being involed in each triangle.

You can see how one cleverly placed support duty player, can help to support a lot of triangles. So by already assigning two support duty players, you will be offering safe passing options to most triangles.

image.png.6036917dfc30ca8558cd822eecf3bead.png

Edited by CARRERA

6 minutos atrás, CARRERA disse:

If you are looking for a more rigid approach, you need to be more rigid in terms of distributing duties to your players. Setting up more Defend/Attack Duties, will make your approach more rigid, while setting up more support duties will make your team more fluid. You can also alter the fluidity of your team by using be more expressive / be more disciplined, to define the rigidness in the final third. To make the most use out of triangles, you should pick a formation, that naturally provides a lot of them, like a 4-3-3.

OK so a more rigid distribution of duties will achieve a more structured team shape I thought team fluidity meant noting since we can't fiscally alter it but thanks for opening my eyes, but does it work like it used to? By used to I mean if you are more fluid the team moves together but if you are more structured it creates more depth and separation? 

Just now, Strikerir1 said:

OK so a more rigid distribution of duties will achieve a more structured team shape I thought team fluidity meant noting since we can't fiscally alter it but thanks for opening my eyes, but does it work like it used to? By used to I mean if you are more fluid the team moves together but if you are more structured it creates more depth and separation? 

No, the label "Team Shape" is not what it meant to be in earlier versions of football manager. Its just a visual representation of how you set up your team. In older versions, you could set up like 8 defend / attack duties and still use a more fluid shape to narrow down players mentality and play in a certain way. 
Now its different, the duties you apply around the pitch will determin how fluid or rigid your team will play. If you want your team to be more fluid and move in a compact shape, you may want many support duties. If you are looking for a more rigid apporach with strict responsibilites for each player you have to define duties accordingly.

59 minutos atrás, CARRERA disse:

If you are looking for a more rigid approach, you need to be more rigid in terms of distributing duties to your players. Setting up more Defend/Attack Duties, will make your approach more rigid, while setting up more support duties will make your team more fluid. You can also alter the fluidity of your team by using be more expressive / be more disciplined, to define the rigidness in the final third. To make the most use out of triangles, you should pick a formation, that naturally provides a lot of them, like a 4-3-3. It can be helpful to have one support duty player being involed in each triangle.

You can see how one cleverly placed support duty player, can help to support a lot of triangles. So by already assigning two support duty players, you will be offering safe passing options to most triangles.

image.png.6036917dfc30ca8558cd822eecf3bead.png

This little edited version with the explanation was very good it cleared a lot of my confusion that's a great ideia appreciated