SF2: France vs Morocco, 7PM GMT, Al Bayt Stadium

Darius1998

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

So, just like in 2018, two teams who met in the group stage will meet again in the 3rd-place play-off.

Another bore draw between Croatia and Morocco, anyone? :p

I like the world cup, but this is not a game I will be making an effort to watch

If France were conceding chance after chance I'd say yes, lucky. I don't think Deschamps will be delighted with the performance but there's not been a brilliant chance yet. Even when the sub forward was through on the replay the defenders were in a place to block.

Also, I think Murphy's been all right tonight.

Here in Germany we are having to listen to Bela Rety (commentator) for the last time, he is retiring. Thank feck. The way he is bigging up the French team at the moment is pukefying. As if the French have played Morrocco to the wall. He has done that all his life, always talking about the likely winner as if they were unbeatable all night long. 

9 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Might have to give France some credit as well. They know how to get the job done. Runners-up, winner, R16, and at least runners-up in their last four tournaments, with a Nations League win in between. They're a quality team 

Their central defenders have made some very good interventions and there's no doubt they've got another gear in terms of attacking and pressing to go to. But they've also had some proper letoffs