Research for leagues

How is the research done now? Is it individual teams, or whole league researchers? I assume it varies. 

I've just started managing in Scotland for the first time since fm17. I was wondering do the teams have their own researcher or is it done by a group for the league? 

Cheers

• Administrators

There's a section of our forums with a few more details and some aspects related to researchers - https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/767-football-manager-research-and-scouting/

Depending on the national and amount of people who want to get involved, there can be researchers for every club, or researchers for specific league levels and regions. 

There's also some 'researcher interviews' which shine a light on some of the processes for a specific league and what goes into it which you may find of interest - https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/552247-the-researcher-interviews/

One actually specific to Scotland as well here - https://www.footballmanager.com/the-byline/researcher-interviews-scotland

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

Neil Harkiss has never been a Head Researcher for us, sorry!

No idea who Mozza is.

Okay, cheers

Niall Harkiss is chairman of St. Duthus and was chairman of Tain Thistle in its brief 2-year moment when St. Duthus folded. He got Tain into the database of FM - was it FM17?  The case made the newspapers at the time, so I figured he'd managed it because he was head researcher. Tain is still in the db even though it's really too small to justify it.  Don't take it out though - as an obsessive Scottish lower league manager I crave ever more wee clubs in the db.

Mozza makes the most widely used Scottish database add-on for lower leagues. He doesn't add players though.

I can confirm Niall very much remains one of the main figures in our research team. The Highland & North Caledonian Leagues are in good hands. (I'm also now the owner of a cracking St Duthus away top, because of said main man :lol: ).

Lowland League is in an equally safe pair of hands, with one of Mozza's pals and Lowland League podcast colleague, @RampantFM, overseeing tier 5 and helping keep the tiers below tidy.

Both Niall and Chris are fantastic at what they do, in helping the Scottish 'unsupported' leagues, come alive. 

Edited by Giro

1 hour ago, Giro said:

I can confirm Niall very much remains one of the main figures in our research team. The Highland & North Caledonian Leagues are in good hands. (I'm also now the owner of a cracking St Duthus away top, because of said main man :lol: ).

Lowland League is in an equally safe pair of hands, with one of Mozza's pals and Lowland League podcast colleague, @RampantFM, overseeing tier 5 and helping keep the tiers below tidy.

Both men are fantastic at what they do, in helping the Scottish 'unsupported' leagues, come alive. 

I'm delighted to know that. I'm a big fan of both - I even recently purchased and read Niall's history of St. Duthus,