[FM23] Todo Por Y Para Vigo [THE END]

Carambau

spacer.png

End of the Season

spacer.png

spacer.png

Man, that last defeat at home against Levante really was unnecessary! But maybe my players were still drunk after beating Barcelona 4-0 a few days before...

spacer.png

A new record finish for Celta Vigo

spacer.png

Quite an old record broken.

spacer.png

La Liga´s Topscorer STILL plays for Celta Vigo!

spacer.png

Season Stats

spacer.png

Niklas Hedl? Who is that? Giorgi replaced our former Number One flawlessly. Star Signing Carvajal didn´t play as much as I had expected before the season and we won´t extend his contract. He was ok, but nothing special. Our unlikely Assist King was our rirght back Sergio Carreira! He managed 13 assists in the season. Rebic & Baeza were the top men on the wings, while up front once again Strand Larsen ran the show all by himself.

spacer.png

Giorgi instantly became the fan´s favorite.

Edited by Carambau

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Raycast said:

Well done on winning the cup last season and the strong league position this season. Do you think you've got enough to challenge for the title next season? 

Thank you :) I personally don´t think we are better than Barcelona like the table suggests. Real & Barcelona are too far ahead of us. But miracles do happen sometimes... right? We continue hoping for the best ;) 

spacer.png

The Transfer Window

Players out

spacer.png

spacer.png

Jose Fontan wanted to leave so we let him. An aging Pablo Mari was enraged we didn´t treat him like a regular anymore so he went too. Youth player Inaki Etxeberria went to Manchester United for a seemingly rather small transfer fee, but with a nice percentage of next sale-clause in the contract. The rest were the usual loans for match practice.

Players in

spacer.png

spacer.png

Quite some rather selective transfers to fill the gaps and the first time we really splashed out the money. I hope it pays off. Ex-Ajax and Ex-Bayern player Ryan Gravenberch being the biggest name here.

spacer.png

The Team

spacer.png

Mamardashvili scares our opposition like a Georgian Neuer. New signing Luiz Felipe enforces our defense. Sergio Regulion is the new Jose Fontan. Raul Goni was promoted from our U19s as he is a very big talent, which he showed when he was out on loan last season. Gravenberch looks to get his career on track again after many lost years at Bayern playing only the role of a squad player. Renato Tapia is getting older, although I hope he still has some years on that level. Baeza could take over in the future though. Diallo is an exciting new signing for our wings, same as Aimar. Let´s see what they can bring to the table. Strand Larsen will have to take control in attack once more.

Key Players

spacer.png

Jumping Reach (19), Arial Reach (17), Command of Area (17), Reflexes (16) with a height of 1.99m. No need to say more.

spacer.png

Midfield wizard with Flair (17), Passing (15) and Technique (15).

spacer.png

Finishing (16), Jumping Reach (17) and Strength (17) and his height of 1.93m make him one of the biggest threads in the air in the football world.

spacer.png

Pre-Season Friendlies

spacer.png

We played a lot of friendlies this time. Like, A LOT.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Bogey Team strikes again

spacer.png

spacer.png

Of course we lose against Valladolid. And against Barcelona. And against Sevilla. And against ...****ing Levante? At home?? Bad times.

spacer.png

Our bogey team Real Valladolid up there with the big ones. What a strange season.

spacer.png

At least he is topping the scoring chart again.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Great wins in Europe for us.

spacer.png

We are getting there slowly.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Good Start Into The New Year

spacer.png

spacer.png

January, February and March were three great months for us with only two three defeats.

spacer.png

Another Champions League qualification looks realistic.

spacer.png

He keeps scoring.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The last group games see us qualify for the knockout round.

spacer.png

Some really good showings in the group stage from us.

Knockout round

Spoiler

spacer.png

We met La Liga rivals Real Madrid there and the tie was already over after the first leg.

spacer.png

A cosmetic win only. Goodbye Europe.

spacer.png

spacer.png

We took part in the Supercopa again but fell at the first hurdle.

spacer.png

Winter Transfers

spacer.png

Those players wanted to leave to get match practice and we let them go.

Edited by Carambau

1 hour ago, MattyLewis11 said:

Just out of curiosity have you managed to beat Real Madrid?! Your form in La Liga took a bit of a downward turn, any particular reasoning? At least you have managed to stay on point in Europe. 

We only managed to beat them in the meaningless 2nd leg in the Champions League knockout round, all other meetings were sadly won by Real this season...

I have no explanation on why our form dipped before the new year (maybe, MAYBE it was because the players I sold in January were very unhappy back then and that influenced the other players), at least it improved after that ;) 

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

End of the Season

spacer.png

spacer.png

Five wins in a row. A nice way to bring our season to a close.

spacer.png

It´s Champions League football next season again. But I think it is time we mount a title challenge.

spacer.png

He has done it again.

spacer.png

Season Stats

spacer.png

51 goals this season! Where would we be without Strand Larsen? Maybe we will get an answer to that sooner than we hoped as the big clubs are already spying on him, sending their scouts to our matches to watch him. Underrated hero again: Right Back Sergio Carreira with the most assists. Left Back Sergio Regulion also shone in that department. Luiz Felipe, Gravenberch & Diallo turned out great signings with immediate impact. Aimar made some great assists as well. Baeza is getting better and better, but the Spanish national team manager seems to ignore him completely. Raul Goni is our great prospect for the future, he already showed glimpses of what he is capable off. He has a great future ahead. Some older players like Rebic will have to leave.

Edited by Carambau

A top 4 finish is pretty good but try a smaller squad then less players will be unhappy, the team will be more cohesive and maybe you will have less defeats i think and if u didnt drew madrid at the champions league maybe u wouldve gone further.

I look forward to next season.

On 30/12/2022 at 20:55, willemvandoorn15 said:

A top 4 finish is pretty good but try a smaller squad then less players will be unhappy, the team will be more cohesive and maybe you will have less defeats i think and if u didnt drew madrid at the champions league maybe u wouldve gone further.

I look forward to next season.

Welcome @willemvandoorn15 :) Thats exactly the approach im using, having no more than 22/23 players for the first team squad. Still there is the odd one who has became bigger than the club or just likes to get unhappy. I never try to argue as it almost never helps and let them go and collect the money instead in that case...

We have great hopes for the next season indeed! Thank you!

spacer.png

The Transfer Window

Players out

spacer.png

spacer.png

It HAD to happen someday. Real Madrid paid the release clause - which is far too low of course - for our striker Strand Larsen and he was gone. And of course it had to be our la Liga rivals. Juventus got a big UAE talent from our hands, but I made sure the sell-on-clause was there and it was worth it. San Emeterio was complaining all the time so he went, along with once-talented-but-not-anymore striker Drena Beljo.

Players in

spacer.png

spacer.png

Darwin Nunez. The biggest transfer for little Celta Vigo yet - and he came on a free! We snapped him up when we were looking for a successor to Strand Larsen, not really having great hopes of finding someone on the same level. After that achievement we decided to invest into our defense more and got Jonathan Tah and Issa Diop as new central defenders. Anfindsen and Gonzales are two immensely talented players for the wings. Hopefully they will develop nicely. Sebastian Petersen is a young striker with potential, but we loaned him back to his former club for this season. Sergio Rico brings experience to the backup keeper role.

spacer.png

The Team

spacer.png

I think for once we can say that we got a "stacked" defense. We could not improve more in that department and I am happy with that. In midfield, we swapped oldtimers for new talent and potential and I hope that pays off in the end. And of course Darwin Nunez in attack. He did not function at Liverpool, not scoring too many goals there in 5 seasons. Hopefully he will for us.

Key Players

spacer.png

Our skipper leads from the back. He got even better players alongside him now.

spacer.png

Midfield schemer connecting defense and attack.

spacer.png

The New Hope.

spacer.png

Pre-Season Friendlies

spacer.png

Not too many, but thats ok.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Start of the Season 2027/28

spacer.png

spacer.png

Awful start to the season, but then Nunez decided to bang them in for us, including 5 goals against Cadiz.

spacer.png

Despite the bad start we are 5th.

spacer.png

He turns out to be a rather good signing.

spacer.png

spacer.png

We win against the big ones and only draw against the small one.

spacer.png

Only 3 games played, so..

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Ending The Year On A High

spacer.png

spacer.png

We struggle to find the 1st gear again, but then we pick up speed. Nunez scoring and scoring, highlights being the 4 goals against Alaves and the 5 against Rayo.

spacer.png

Still fifth. And Barcelona already eleven points ahead. Does that mean a Goodbye to our title challenge already?

spacer.png

He is just a beast.

spacer.png

spacer.png

We established our brand in Europe.

spacer.png

Looking good so far.

Edited by Carambau

Is the ai bad at playing? I mean how can Real madrid have strand larsen and not topping the goalscoring chart?

I dont think youre doing too bad honestly, 3 losses and 3 draws after 11 games should see you in top 5 at the end..

Im not sure much more is possible without a top notch striker cause you said your defense was pretty stellar, right?

13 hours ago, willemvandoorn15 said:

Is the ai bad at playing? I mean how can Real madrid have strand larsen and not topping the goalscoring chart?

I dont think youre doing too bad honestly, 3 losses and 3 draws after 11 games should see you in top 5 at the end..

Im not sure much more is possible without a top notch striker cause you said your defense was pretty stellar, right?

They also have Gabriel Vidovic in attack and they seem to favor him atm. I looks like at top 5 finish once more yes, but our ambitions were higher this season. Even though we have Darvin Nunez now who is one step above Strand Larsen I have to admit :) 

Insane signing in Darwin to replace Larsen. Seemingly fitted straight in as a like for like replacement. 

AI teams have always been bad at signing players and then not playing them to their strengths/even playing them. Expect to see Larsen on the transfer list in 12 months time. 

13 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

Insane signing in Darwin to replace Larsen. Seemingly fitted straight in as a like for like replacement. 

AI teams have always been bad at signing players and then not playing them to their strengths/even playing them. Expect to see Larsen on the transfer list in 12 months time. 

I agree, maybe we will sign him back for a bargain then ;) 

spacer.png

The So-Called Title Challenge Is Over

spacer.png

spacer.png

We lost six league games in January, February and March. Our title challenge is over. If there ever was one.

spacer.png

We will have to work hard to even get into Europe this season.

spacer.png

At least we got this monster in attack.

spacer.png

spacer.png

We went out against our rivals.

spacer.png

spacer.png

We lost the last two group games...

spacer.png

...but still qualified.

Knockout round

spacer.png

We defeated Porto in the first knock out round. Next: Manchester United. This is going to be tougher.

spacer.png

spacer.png

We went out in the semis. 

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

End of the Season

spacer.png

spacer.png

We managed some more wins in the last games of the season but still lost 2 and especially the last match was a disgrace.

spacer.png

We needed to appease our fans after that result.

spacer.png

At least we managed the minimum: CL qualification. Still, a domestic season to forget if you look at our aims before it began.

spacer.png

He did nothing wrong though.

spacer.png

Two signings from Celta among the 5 best. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Our European CL season was convincing. We lost against Manchester United in the quarter finals.

spacer.png

Season Stats

spacer.png

We lost THIRTEEN league matches this season! Our defense let in SIXTY-FIVE goals. Despite having good players there. Or so I thought. Maybe we will have to adapt and change our approach, get more defensive in the future. The positives: Gravenberch was a great schemer in CM, Gonzalez & Diallo were doing magic on the wings and up front Darwin was banging them in, so in the end we scored NINETY-SEVEN goals. Which is good. But we all know: Offense wins games, Defense wins Championships.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

The Transfer Window

Players out

spacer.png

spacer.png

Long term servants Renato Tapia and Gabri Veiga left us after many successful seasons. Backup keeper Salah joined Chelsea, a move we could not stand in the way of. Our academy product Fermin Goni signed for Bilbao for a nice 8M. Marmol and Sanchez never really made it here and left too.

Players in

spacer.png

The only big name here is Gedson Fernandes, as we had to find a successor to Tapia in midfield. The other signings are backup players to bolster the team.

spacer.png

The Team

spacer.png

The team looks weaker than the last seasons. We brought in many talented youngsters like Nino and Tapia in central defense, both joined from our U19 team. Fellow youngster Santiago was out on loan at Huesca last season and now seemed ready to join the squad. Gedson Fernandes will play alongside Gravenberch in the center. Petersen finally joined us from Brondby and will be the backup to Nunez and play in the domestic cup games.

Key Players

spacer.png

The Mexican winger developed into a nice player. Crossing (16), Technique (16), Acceleration (16) and Agility (20). And he is still only 21.

spacer.png

Box-to-Box wizard.

spacer.png

The goal machine.

spacer.png

Pre-Season Friendlies

spacer.png

This time we really scored loads.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Start of the Season 2028/29

spacer.png

spacer.png

Similar start to last season. Not too great resultswise, but scoring a lot of goals.

spacer.png

Despite the mixed start we are 6th.

spacer.png

He continues what he can do best.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Mixed results in Europe as well...

spacer.png

...but still a lot of games to be played here.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Ending The Year With A Streak

spacer.png

spacer.png

A bitter defeat against Sociedad at home. Then we go seven games unbeaten with six wins in a row.

spacer.png

4th place. No title challenge this year I guess.

spacer.png

He keeps scoring.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Good results here.

spacer.png

Still some matches to play.

spacer.png

Concentration On The Cups

spacer.png

spacer.png

Five defeats in the league! It is clear we have other competitions to concentrate on by now.

spacer.png

6th place would be a dream if we stay there until the end.

spacer.png

Not as prolific as last season but still fantastic.

spacer.png

spacer.png

A rather easy draw saw us go all the way to the final.

spacer.png

We will meet our old rival there.

spacer.png

spacer.png

We won our last 2 games and...

spacer.png

...Qualification was secured.

Knockout round

spacer.png

We cause an upset by beating big Juventus

spacer.png

Next: Another Italian team in the quarter finals.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

End of the Season

spacer.png

spacer.png

We won the last 4 games of the season. But that´s about it. A disappointing La Liga campaign.

spacer.png

No Champions League football next season. Although it seems close, Atletico were way better than us this season. The board was not amused.

spacer.png

Not as many as last year, but again the best scorer in La Liga.

spacer.png

spacer.png

We win the Copa del Rey again! Finally some more silverware for Celta Vigo as we beat rivals Real Madrid in which was arguably our best match of the whole season! After our quickfire start Madrid tried coming back shortly after the break but a counter finished by Darwin shut them off. The penalty didn´t change anything anymore. This eased the boards´ pressure on us a lot.

spacer.png

The winning goal by Darwin.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Inter were all over us but the quarter final matches were more like a bonus anyway as we overachieved here. The board was also happy about that.

spacer.png

Season Stats

spacer.png

What can we say? The Cup win tarnishes our shortcomings. We clearly did not create as many chances as last year and our defense is aging badly. Maybe we will need fresh blood there for next season. The positives: The youngsters Tapia and Nino in central defense played often and did an acceptable job. Our academy product Raul Goni had a great season and was capped for the 1st time for Spain. Young Winger Gonzalez gets better and better. And Darwin can´t seem to stop scoring. His designated successor Petersen also scored 6 goals this season although he only started 3 games.

spacer.png

No surprises here.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

The Transfer Window

Players out

spacer.png

spacer.png

Mamardashvili had declined over the last seasons and I thought it was time for a change in goal. Sad to see a big talent like Santiago go but there wasn´t much we could do as St. Gallen paid his release fee. Baeza leaving us after such a long time was sad too but he wanted a new challenge. So did Carreira and Gutierrez. The rest was deadwood we needed to get rid of. Or loans for match practice.

Players in

spacer.png

spacer.png

Very happy to welcome Illan Meslier as our new Number One, he is a great keeper. And looks who is back? Javi Galan returns after five years at Real Madrid (133 games). At 34, he is still going strong. Max Gregersen is a nice central defender prospect. Same goes for Miro Krizaric in midfield, but he got loaned back to his original club for the season. Kolar and Pollersbeck will be the backups to Meslier in goal. Akhomach will provide cover in midfield.

spacer.png

The Team

spacer.png

Definitely more quality in goal now. Our defense gets a youth injection, if you ignore Galan. Akhomach and winter signings Dabrowski and Keitel provide more options in midfield.

Key Players

spacer.png

The Mexican wizard on the wings.

spacer.png

The new Number One.

spacer.png

The goal machine.

spacer.png

Pre-Season Friendlies

spacer.png

Loads of goals again.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Start of the Season 2029/30

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is more like it! We win NINE and draw 2 games! Granted, it wasn´t the creme de la creme of clubs yet but we even did not lose against our bogey team and drew against Barcelona!

spacer.png

Top of the League!

spacer.png

The usual picture.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Good start to our EL season.

spacer.png

But still early days of course.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

The First Defeat

spacer.png

spacer.png

Our first defeat of the season OF COURSE happens against Real Madrid. But we win the rest.

spacer.png

Hard to keep up with Real, but we manage.

spacer.png

Keep scoring, Darwin!

spacer.png

spacer.png

No defeat in the EL for us yet.

spacer.png

On course for the knockout round.

spacer.png

Cup Runs

spacer.png

spacer.png

Four defeats. The home game against Barcelona was extremely bitter. We just didn´t turn up on that day and the game was over after 20 minutes already.

spacer.png

Still second, but Barcelona got 2 games in hand.

spacer.png

spacer.png

We are in the final again! The sweetest victory came against Real Madrid in the quarter finals when we defeated them in extra time.

spacer.png

A classic final.

spacer.png

spacer.png

We won the last two group games...

spacer.png

...and topped the group in the end.

Knockout round

spacer.png

We defeated Atalanta in the first knockout round.

spacer.png

The Germans will be our next opponent in the quarter finals.

spacer.png

spacer.png

We went out in the semis again.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

End of the Season

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 more defeats in the league.

spacer.png

Still we finished 3rd. A way better position than last year. The board will be pleased this time.

spacer.png

Again the best scorer in La Liga, despite being injured the last 3 months.

spacer.png

And still we did not win the league.

spacer.png

Illan Meslier was the signing of the season.

spacer.png

spacer.png

We win the Copa del Rey again! This time we defeat Barcelona and we did not even need extra time to do it. After Sebastian Petersen scored the 4-1 it was over.

spacer.png

Petersens decisive goal.

spacer.png

spacer.png

You could say our opponents were not top class teams, but I don´t care: We made it to the final of the Europa League!

The Europa League Final against Liverpool FC

Spoiler

spacer.png

And what a final against Liverpool it was! The favorites Liverpool did have only 2 shots on goal the whole game while we dominated. And again it was Sebastian Petersen, the specialist for important goals in our team, who scored the decider: He robbed Konaté off the ball just outside the box and lobbed the keeper to win it for us!

spacer.png

The winning goal.

spacer.png

Season Stats

spacer.png

This has been the most successful season in our history. Meslier turned out the addition we needed in goal. Galan, Felipe, Diop & Tah showed what they were capable to despite their age, Raul Goni continued his development into a great right back. Diallo & Gonzalez contributed from the wings. Gravenberch alongside Fernandes shut down the center. Up front it was not only Darwin this season, no, a new star emerged: Sebastian Petersen. He not only scored 27 goals in only 12 starts, he scored both goals to win our silverware this year. And he got capped by Denmark for the first time, scoring twice there. The younger squad players did well, they will have to step up more next season when some of the older players will leave.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

The Transfer Window

Players out

spacer.png

Tah is the only serious departure here. The others don´t hurt.

Players in

spacer.png

spacer.png

Blanc is a great talent in central midfield, while Rose will be the backup to Meslier.

spacer.png

The Team

spacer.png

For once, the team remains mostly unchanged. We hope to build on last years success.

Key Players

spacer.png

The Mexican winger.

spacer.png

Box-to-Box wizard.

spacer.png

The goal machine.

spacer.png

Pre-Season Friendlies

spacer.png

Lots of goals again.

spacer.png

News

spacer.png

We move to our new stadium, the "Iago Aspas Arena".

spacer.png

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png
A Nice Start Into The Season

spacer.png

spacer.png

Umm...what? We hammer the big AC Milan, current Champions League title holders, 4-0 in the UEFA Super Cup with a Darwin Nunez hattrick. Nice start to the season indeed.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Start of the Season 2030/31

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is what you call a good start into the season! We win 8 out of 9! The big guns are yet to be played but this is the ground work.

spacer.png

(Almost) Top of the League! 

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 wins, 1 defeat.

spacer.png

Still early days of course.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Going Strong, But Only In Spain

spacer.png

spacer.png

Despite a very bad november we have a real blast in december.

spacer.png

Top of the League! And one game in hand. And...Almeria chasing us?? Strange days...

spacer.pngspacer.png

Our players are dominating the la Liga stats.

spacer.png

spacer.png

November was a horror month for us. We did not win one game.

spacer.png

This does not look too good to be honest. At least we are in good company.

Edited by Carambau

11 hours ago, Carambau said:

spacer.png

Going Strong, But Only In Spain

spacer.png

spacer.png

Despite a very bad november we have a real blast in december.

spacer.png

Top of the League! And one game in hand. And...Almeria chasing us?? Strange days...

spacer.pngspacer.png

Our players are dominating the la Liga stats.

spacer.png

spacer.png

November was a horror month for us. We did not win one game.

spacer.png

This does not look too good to be honest. At least we are in good company.

Rough form in Europe. Domestically all is well though! 

1 hour ago, rich ruzzian said:

I hope this could be your year in La Liga. Almeria will surely drop a few places. How are they so high in the ranking. 

Thank you :) Almeria are playing well above their level. I am sure they will be dropping soon...

spacer.png

Getting Closer To The Promised Lands

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think I never managed a team that had such a great start into the new year. Just one draw and the rest was all won. No words.

spacer.png

3 points ahead with 3 games in hand... Do you believe in miracles?

spacer.png

He keeps scoring.

spacer.png

spacer.png

We lost against Real. Who cares about the damn cup anyway?

spacer.png

spacer.png

We won our last 2 games and...

spacer.png

...still didn´t make the top ten but qualified for the playoff round.

Playoff round & Knockout round 1

spacer.png

We went out against the holders (which we defeated 4-0 in preseason...)

Edited by Carambau

16 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

Three games in hand at this stage of the season is huge with no more European fixtures, the league has to be yours. 

Yes, the title is ours to lose it seems... but anything can happen in football as we know :)