QF4: England vs France, 7PM GMT, Al Bayt Stadium

Darius1998

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more nervous for this then the Euro final for some reason. I think with a final the tournament is ending whatever. I don't like losing and then having to sit through rest of tournament all depressed like. 

But this is the type of game I want. Big team, big game. I'm not confident because... I'm a 36 year old England fan. Gonna switch off the internet and just try to enjoy the game. 

See you all on the other side

3 minutes ago, dafuge said:

Excited, but not really nervous. I find games where England are the clear favourites much harder to watch.

True, I suppose we have nothing to lose today.

I'm always a nervous wreck watching football when it's my teams, for some reason.

I do think we can do it though. Have to believe.

8 minutes ago, anagain said:

How nervous are well all...on a scale of 1 to 10?

I'm fluttering somewhere around 350!

I’ve been at England games as big, and bigger, than this and been an absolute dribbling mess. Sat at home with 3 mates, I’m curiously calm, and even confident 

1 minute ago, Ackter said:

England should be torn apart, which means they're probably winning 1-0.

Both teams are a little suspect defensively, but great up front. My money has been on 4-3 all week.

This could be the best game of the tournament.

Just now, Ackter said:

Walker gonna get absolutely skinned by Mbappe in the first 3 minutes and the entire team will **** themselves.

That also could happen. It'd be like Terminator 3 where you realise he isn't indestructible and can get absolutely rinsed by a great power - like the metaphor, it'd be a bit ****.

Tried to stay away from the punditry and journalistic build up so don’t really know the consensus but I’m not confident from what I’ve seen. 

We seem to be good at scoring goals once we have a team already beat. I can’t see us getting France into that position. 

And I might get jumped on for this but I think a lot of the tactical masterstokes some (I’ve seen in the media) have suggested have actually been more luck than judgment. As much as I like and respect Southgate as a person, a leader and a representative of our country 

Edited by Mr Adam

1 minute ago, Mr Adam said:

And I might get jumped on for this but I think a lot of the tactical masterstokes some have suggested have actually been more luck than judgment. As much as I like and respect Southgate as a person, a leader and a representative of our country 

You are dead to Rob now

I really have no preference yet. May the better team win. No doubt this will change during the match. Someone is bound to do something that makes me turn against them ^^

France slightly favourite to me. How are yous going to stop Mbappé?