Transfer Budget of -$562? Can't sign anyone

So I just got promoted to the Swedish top division and got my new budgets for the upcoming season, a healthy wage budget (of which I'm spending about half now) and a transfer budget of ... -$562.

Negative.

Which means I can't sign anyone because all agent fees, signing bonuses, etc. all come out of the transfer budget. The board won't let me adjust it even though I have way more wage budget than I need.

Am I screwed here? Also, will they take a cheque for the $562?

• Administrators

After a period of time you will be able to adjust budgets again (potentially about a month). However sounds like an issue you had a negative budget. If you have a save game just prior to that being announced, please upload it to us and raise an issue via our Bug Tracker here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-bugs-tracker/757_medical-and-development-centre-training-and-finances/

Details on how to upload a save game here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Thanks. 

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I don't. I was trying to go ahead to see if it would reset, so I don't have save that far back.

I'll go ahead a few more weeks and see.

I had this problem in previous versions where I (after a couple of dedades in) had a transfer budget of over 1 billion € and made a huge sale on top of that - then the budget went into negative and was "reset" mid season after the board adjusted it. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, BayernMB said:

I had this problem in previous versions where I (after a couple of dedades in) had a transfer budget of over 1 billion € and made a huge sale on top of that - then the budget went into negative and was "reset" mid season after the board adjusted it. 

Yeah that's to do with the actual number being beyond what can be stored within the code and is likely a different issue. 

Alight, I've now gone 2 months ahead and still no change.

Can't sign anyone because I was given a negative transfer budget.

Unable to do any budget adjustment to move some wage money into the transfer budget because my board won't let me (even though I have way more than enough to do so).

Guessing I'm screwed...

9 hours ago, cerud said:

Alight, I've now gone 2 months ahead and still no change.

Can't sign anyone because I was given a negative transfer budget.

Unable to do any budget adjustment to move some wage money into the transfer budget because my board won't let me (even though I have way more than enough to do so).

Guessing I'm screwed...

Try to hold on untill right before next transfer window when the board gives you the new transfer budget.

10 hours ago, BayernMB said:

Try to hold on untill right before next transfer window when the board gives you the new transfer budget.

That would be quite a while, about 5 more months. Can afford that.

I've just started a new save. But appreciate the help!