I was sacked five times yesterday using this tactic as an underdog, where am I going wrong?

I am no expert, but I would consider bringing the wingers back to the midfield line so that they can be more involved in defense.  Then consider a low block and hit hard on the counter, it might mean changing the striker to a support role to help this.  Maybe change the WB to a FB.  Perhaps change to defensive strategy, and close down less. My reasoning: you are the worst team in the league, you want to defend with your life and hope for lucky goals.  

In lower leagues I would use less fancy possitions. Like forget inverted winger and ball winning midfielders.. Id use regular full backs on support, wingers on support and normal midfielders on support. It might look a bit "boring" but the players might be able to do the one thing they are good at on the pitch with more freedom and less instructions.

20 hours ago, trueblue9877 said:

In my defence we were predicted to finish bottom of the table by the media in all the save

My observations 

I would remove direct passing since as an underdog most probably you re not good at passing and furthermore if  it is given to anyone in such a level wont be a good thing.I would preper to give it to the players that have good passing,vision,technique, decisions,anticipation,tramwork and maybe flair.

Otherwise just play default passing

2.You are lacking penetration from right wing

3.test cautious mentality as an underdog too

4.remove run at defence.Most probably you are.lacking dribling,agility,balance,pace,acc as a bottom team.No need

5.remove distribute quickly too.

6.just leave it simple.A great advice from a person here was if you would like to learn how to play the easiest way is to take a big club.i agree on that.

Underdogs dont forgive mistakes

7.in your position i would play mostly on low block,counter,regroup, cautious mentality for start without something else

By the way 433 is a little demanding for a bottom team cause of the large gaps

I would choose 4-1-4-1

Edited by Panosgeo79