Brazil vs South Korea, Round of 16, 7PM GMT, Stadium 974

PMLF

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW how much better are these two commentators than the turd we get with England. That banter there about the yellow card caption versus David seaman’s cats and wondering what happens if the ball needs replacing 

just as I say that ITV **** the sound up. 

Edited by Mr Adam

4 minutes ago, PMLF said:

Since 2002 Brazil didn't win by a 4-goal difference (4-0 vs China) (assuming the score doesn't change to something like 4-1, etc)

Limiting your attacking potential with tactical tinkinering and close wins. That's when you stopped winning the whole thing :p

2 minutes ago, kpain16 said:

Limiting your attacking potential with tactical tinkinering and close wins. That's when you stopped winning the whole thing :p

Tbh, that 2010 team had a stacked defense and average attack for Brazilian standards, if not for FenoMelo's stupidity, the probably make the final instead of Netherlands.

1 minute ago, cyclonus1010 said:

Korea's defending reminds me of how Leeds defended at times under Bielsa :D 

It's a style that when it works can be a nightmare to play against, but when it goes wrong it looks utterly stupid. This is certainly the latter.

Edited by Pukey

• Administrators

I thought Darren’s pun was excellent. Bit annoyed second half is a formality. Might have to find something else to do. 

3 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Any thoughts, Eni?

"Vinicius has been great - a goal and an assist, that's a perfect hat-trick."

As if Pougatch would introduce her like that without putting words in her mouth :D  Not when he can spend thirty or forty seconds dressing up one of his opinions as a question.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, kpain16 said:

As the guy in the Croatian studio says, shame it wasn't Uruguay. That would have been a match.

I put a 5er on Uruguay to shithouse their way to final :D Honestly thought they’d get second and would have been ideal opponents for Brazil.