Brazil vs South Korea, Round of 16, 7PM GMT, Stadium 974

PMLF

Lineups:

FjO29FkWIAEWvsH?format=jpg&name=900x900

FjO1tG-aUAA3lgH?format=jpg&name=small

Brazil have only scored 3 goals in the tournament so far and were beaten by Cameroon in the last group stage game.

The winner of this game will play against Croatia in the next round.

Brazil beat South Korea 5-1 in a friendly game a few months ago:

Edited by PMLF

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last (and only) time Brazil lost in the round of 16 was in 1990 (0-1 vs Argentina). :D 

Brazil have also never lost to an Asian team in the World Cup, South Korea were also the team with most WCs played (11) without having played against Brazil.

Brazil have looked good but not brilliant so far, difficult to see how Korea get a win in normal time as they are another team that don't have much in attack, and you fancy Brazil to score at least one. I don't really want to see this slow Croatia side go much further though so I'd rather Brazil win both matches and we get a big semi-final clash out of it.

6 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

Do Brazil not have any quality young FBs coming through?

Guilherme Arana was supposed to be one of the left-backs but he got seriously injured...

There are a few young ones like Khellven (DR, Athletico), Ayrton Lucas (DL, Flamengo) did well this year, but no new Cafus or Roberto Carloses.

Edited by PMLF

4 minutes ago, PMLF said:

Guilherme Arana was supposed to be one of the left-backs but he got seriously injured...

There are a few young ones like Khellven (DR, Athletico), Ayrton Lucas (DL, Flamengo) did well this year, but no new Cafus or Roberto Carloses.

Wouldn't Marcelo be better than Danilo at LB or has he fallen off that badly?

Just now, Baptista_8 said:

Wouldn't Marcelo be better than Danilo at LB or has he fallen off that badly?

He has declined too much and it seems has fitness issues too.

1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

Something something Son something something workrate and then it’s over to Clive for the anthems

Happy to be here, blah blah blah, Hwang Hee-Chan, good player by the way, but yeah, they're happy to be here...

I think Brazil have been good tbh. Efficient, getting the job done, looking a threat when they go forward. In the games that mattered, Serbia had 0 shots on target, Switzerland had 0 shots on target.

All the while Brazil looked like they could score 4+ goals.

Can't ask for much more. 

Just now, CFuller said:

Wait... that is only Vinicius' second goal for Brazil?

I know he's only, what, 22, but a player of his class should surely have been close to double figures by now?

He only has 18 caps and I'd bet he sat on the bench for the majority. He's too good to be benched now, but before the last year or so it would be easy to bench him for Neymar's preferred position of LW.