Darius1998

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

Foden and Saka haven't set the game alight.

They want a word. 

Just now, aiston said:

French defence is terrified.

You know who's terrified?

Southgate and Deschamps.

Instead of some 4-3 classic, we'll see both managers with most defensive setups possible and outcome decided by one goal.

Edited by GunmaN1905

2 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

Great goal. 

12 for the tournament for us now which isn’t bad considering how crap we are :D 

It's amazing how awful we are until we score, and then we wake up and the scoreline flatters us. It's just getting that first goal that's the problem.

• Administrators
Just now, Heartwork said:

It's amazing how awful we are until we score, and then we wake up and the scoreline flatters us. It's just getting that first goal that's the problem.

We look terrible until we score applies to nearly all teams, right? It’s only the score line that matters. 

We've been considerably better than a hardworking but unproductive Senegal 

The sheer contrast in how we play before and after the first goal is jarring though

Same discussion as in the Wales game though - I don't think England do play massively differently after scoring though. The opposition do though, when they have to chase the game and leave more space.

1 minute ago, Pukey said:

This is why I don't get the issues with Kane dropping deep. There's been performances where he's been bad doing that and it hasn't worked, but generally it causes no end of problems for the opposition 

I like Kane going deep as he always always always retains possession high up the pitch. What we need is runners off him. He looks isolated and bad if he doesn’t have those runners, which ain’t his fault 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Heartwork said:

The sheer contrast in how we play before and after the first goal is jarring though

Think that’s just called confidence and not wanting to lose. I don’t think we are terrible by any means. 

1 minute ago, m_fenton said:

Same discussion as in the Wales game though - I don't think England do play massively differently after scoring though. The opposition do though, when they have to chase the game and leave more space.

This really. Goals change games and once a team is behind against England they have to open up and that leaves space that England are very good at exploiting