Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

Still no France clean sheet :D

Not worried about Saturday at all. Not at all. :p

France to beat England 4-1 with 2 goals each by Giroud and Mbappé. :cool: 

Shame Brazil will probably be eliminated before facing France. :( 

Edited by PMLF

7 minutes ago, JD nawrat said:

Honestly, if a player stutters that much then they shouldn't be allowed to retake it. The GK and the players around the box are anticipating a shot, they shouldn't be forced to react after he's finished his 300-step run-up. 

Happened to Son once, only time I can recall seeing it happen. Was yellow carded as well.

Think the rule is if you stop at all during the run up then it's an offence? Not sure if Lewandowski stopped completely at any point but was definitely pushing it.

Edited by brett.spurs

They need to change it so that it's one smooth run up. None of this stopping completely rubbish that can be abused. If you're going to nail keepers to the line - and that's a decent change imo - then don't allow takers to fake them to an extent where they're coming off the line

5 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

They need to change it so that it's one smooth run up. None of this stopping completely rubbish that can be abused. If you're going to nail keepers to the line - and that's a decent change imo - then don't allow takers to fake them to an extent where they're coming off the line

That was the worst penalty run up I've seen since Pogba's dancing horse nonsense.

I love the variety and combinations in that French front line. Giroud is such a complete player. Mbappé is obviously richly talented. Griezmann has been exceptional kind of playmaker in this tournament and Dembélé gives pace and directness out wide.

It's the sort of combinations that I hope we can deliver as England, but with Kane, Rashford, Foden and Saka. I think Kane can measure up to Giroud. Rashford is no Mbappé but can impact from that side. I see no reason why Foden and Saka can't contribute as much as Griezmann and Dembélé.