Japan vs Spain & Costa Rica vs Germany - 7pm GMT

Darius1998

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

In. ITV’s defence (shudder) it would have been the host broadcasters decision, not theirs

But other broadcaster showed the VAR decision. On their broadcasts. Whether it was during the game or post match.

ITV were ranting about "Why has nobody been given the footage half hour after the game?" When broadcasters had actually shown it.

So no "in ITV's defence" at all. Sorry.

the amount of people I am seeing on the socials today still pointing at one photo angle and suggesting that it was definitely out... I dunno man. It makes you wonder about the world and civilisation. How did we get this far. How did we get out of the caves. 

Why is this still a thing? Christ. The ball was obviously in. It's not a matter of an opinion, but a plain fact. You just need to see a proper angle if your geometry clases have failed you.

4 hours ago, Confused Clarity said:

But other broadcaster showed the VAR decision. On their broadcasts. Whether it was during the game or post match.

ITV were ranting about "Why has nobody been given the footage half hour after the game?" When broadcasters had actually shown it.

So no "in ITV's defence" at all. Sorry.

Don’t be sorry to me I don’t give a **** I hate ITV :D everything except the chase 

7 hours ago, Smallen said:

the amount of people I am seeing on the socials today still pointing at one photo angle and suggesting that it was definitely out... I dunno man. It makes you wonder about the world and civilisation. How did we get this far. How did we get out of the caves. 

tbf, the memes with Lampard as VAR doing the rounds on socials are great :D 

• Darius1998 changed the title to Japan vs Spain & Costa Rica vs Germany - 7pm GMT

What a total disappointment, but although it was a bit unlukcky, Germany still were not good enough. There's some mentality problem on this team - both against Japan and Costa Rica a stupid goal for the opponent made the defence almost forget to how to play football for some time, and in general the defence looked very shaky even in simple situations.

And Flick needs to go asap. He started weirdly by not selecting Hummels (I know that Mats probably couldn't save this mess of a defence, but he has still had a really good season at BVB) while selecting Kehrer and Bella-Kotchap ust because they are younger. And already the first game showed, that Germany were much ore dangerous with Füllkrug on the pitch. And still he didn't start with him one time, instead picking Müller who had a terrible tournament. It was like he thought it is absolutely impossible that Spain could lose to a team, which had defeated Germany just a few days earlier. If Germany had scored 2 more goals before the halftime (and Füllkrug woul've burried some of those chances), Spain couldn't have relaxed in the seciond half. 

I had huge hopes for Flick and felt he was exactly the right guy for the job, but this tournament turned out as disaster like the last one. DFB needs to realise that something is terribly wrong, and change things up to the EURO om German soil in  18 months. I would prefer that they appointed Thomas Tuchel.