Japan vs Spain & Costa Rica vs Germany - 7pm GMT

Darius1998

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Aluko ever watched a World Cup before? :D  Seems genuinely mystified because a couple of big teams have gone out, even though the other eight or nine have basically coasted through.

Just so so bad. At least we didn’t have Matterface on commentary.

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Apparently today, during the press conference, aGhanian reporter told Suarez that he's the devil in their country. :lol:

was hoping ITV would be doing that game tomorrow :(

12 years ago, Suarez killed Africa according to them, despite not being on the pitch and getting a punishment of a red card that he deserved

1 minute ago, Pukey said:

"That discussion is for another day" after spending, what, more than half an hour discussing it?! Hahahaha, it's so bad it's genuinely incredible.

If FIFA haven't produced the "definitive still" by the next ITV match, if Pougatch is hosting then based on tonight I genuinely wouldn't be that surprised for him to open with "Like you, we were hoping to have images of Japan's winning goal against Germany yesterday by now.  Unfortunately the wait continues" or some such nonsense :D 

1 minute ago, martinji said:

If FIFA haven't produced the "definitive still" by the next ITV match, if Pougatch is hosting then based on tonight I genuinely wouldn't be that surprised for him to open with "Like you, we were hoping to have images of Japan's winning goal against Germany yesterday by now.  Unfortunately the wait continues" or some such nonsense :D 

Are you not excited for Gabriel Clarke asking Gareth Southgate's opinion on it?

Japan are showing why I love fotball. Not enough technique or strength to rule games, but their guts... I've watched all 3 of their games, like I've done before on WC-s. Feeling of a Japanese assault on a big team is...mind-blowing.

I won't be mad if they knock my homeland out. Moriyasu is a living legend, no matter what happens now. With a dead tired Modrić and Perišić, I could see a third giant crashing down.:(

Edited by Bunkerossian

Japan were superb 2nd half - grit and determination mixed in with a quality pressing game and genuine pace. Well worth their win. :thup:

With regards to their winner - from ITV's initial pics it looked out, but from the pic I saw earlier in this thread - ball is still in play.

13 minutes ago, PMLF said:

In Brazil the joke is that Germany and Belgium are the victims of a curse as they beat Brazil in the 2014 and 2018 WCs respectively. :D 

Sorry, but no final for you this tournament.

Only Inter players left are from Argentina, Netherlands and Croatia. Three out of 4 favorites to reach quarter-finals on our side of the draw.

Meaning you won't make it past semi-final, because there's always an Inter player in the final. :D

Didn’t watch the punditry but these comments on souness reaction, as well as a load of people on Twitter saying it’s “clearly out” and then showing an image that, if you know the rules, shows it as in, is staggering.

It’s one of the reasons goal line tech will eventually cause huge controversy. The amount of people who can’t comprehend the rule about any part of the ball being above any part of the line, whether it’s touching the grass or not, is crazy. 

Why are people so certain Argentina will get past the Netherlands? As someone who's seen none of their games, I'm curious. Argentina's results haven't seemed particularly inspiring though, certainly not to the point of deeming them certainties for a SF. 

9 minutes ago, JD nawrat said:

Why are people so certain Argentina will get past the Netherlands? As someone who's seen none of their games, I'm curious. Argentina's results haven't seemed particularly inspiring though, certainly not to the point of deeming them certainties for a SF. 

Why are people so certain they will get past the mighty Socceroos?

40 minutes ago, JD nawrat said:

Who is certain they will face the Netherlands? Not me. 

44 minutes ago, JD nawrat said:

Didn't watch them against Qatar, but Netherland were completely outplayed by Ecuador and fairly fortunate against Senegal. I'm not convinced they'll get past the USA, nevermind Argentina. Argentina haven't been great or anything but were comfortably deserved winners against Mexico and even more so Poland, and conceded to Saudi Arabia's only shots on target in the entire game while being unlucky not to be 4 or 5 up at half time. 

44 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Spain and Rodri winning the passing. Luis Enrique will be delighted. Japan meanwhile win the match 

They won what they wanted, 2nd place in the group.

Bit of a disgrace what happened this evening in my opinion.. Spain stopped trying to win, to knock out Germany and get a better draw on purpose. I was looking forward to watching this Spanish side go deep in the tournament, but now will be delighted if either Morocco knock them out, or if we do it in the quarters.

Edited by noikeee

Nice to see Germany go out. They obviously only stopped by in Qatar to do some cringe virtue signalling and being cowards when it mattered to stand by their words. Playing Football was never on their agenda.

Edited by Carambau

5 minutes ago, Andrew_ said:

Not to go all Souness but why didn't they just show the angle? As they would other replays.

They’ve been bad all tournament for not showing replays of stuff, either all together or like 5+ minutes later.

People talk about viewing experience, whilst entertainment has been great, the viewing in this tournament has been awful. Imagine if this was the standard in Prem, be a meltdown non stop in the match threads :D 

8 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

I've seen multiple videos of different broadcasters shown the VAR decision this morning. Why did they show it, but ITV didn't?

There was clear evidence on Reddit within 10 minutes of it happening that ITV could have shown, I guess they're more arsed about idiotic pundits going off on a rant 

19 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

I've seen multiple videos of different broadcasters shown the VAR decision this morning. Why did they show it, but ITV didn't?

In. ITV’s defence (shudder) it would have been the host broadcasters decision, not theirs

11 hours ago, JD nawrat said:

I think Argetina have controlled their last two games, it's obvious somebody told them the standards in the 2nd half of the Saudi Arabia game weren't good enough.  They had enough chances to put Saudi Arabia away in the first half, plus all the offside decisions and then they did what the US did in their game V Wales, completely disappeared for the 2nd half

I'd be more worried about the Netherlands than Argentina, not been impressed with the Netherlands at all in any of the games